[59] BOBA DATE

MONDAY

"are you going without me?" atsumu asks.

there's a particular betrayal in his words but atsumu made you promise last night that you'd stick true to your words.

"you have homework! and you said not to let you come with us at all, no matter what."

"awwww screw you, omi! i want my best friend back." atsumu says, crossing his arms together, "you're stealing her from me."

he looks like a child.

you pat his head, "there, there. i'll bring you back milk tea without pearls okay?"

he nods as you heard sakusa whisper something like, "without pearls?"

you give him a sympathetic look, one that specifically hints to not say anything during atsumu's sensitive moments (his tantrum) and left. honestly, you feel bad for leaving your best friend like that but there was no choice when atsumu himself told you the night before not to let him no matter what because he wanted you and sakusa to make up all the lost time you two had garnered from fighting for so long.

it concludes the fact that miya atsumu had no self-control. so you had no choice but to intervene.

"something's not right." you say in the silence of your complex's hallway.

"i told you to bring your jacket. you didn't listen to me, that's your own fault," he replies, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"that's not it...oh!" slyly, you wrap one of his arms around your shoulder, looking up to see his reaction.

"it's still not right, is it?" you ask.

he didn't say anything so you, out of the confidence you had, snuck his hand down to hold your waist.

a jolt left your spine, making you jump in your own skin.  you went 🙀🍦🚘😼🥶🥶⛓ on the inside but maintained a cool outlook. he would tease you if you didn't.

sakusa stares at you as you two walk, visibly expecting you to do something.

"i don't have a choice in this, do i?" he asks finally.

"no."

"what's your favourite?" he asked, his hand still holding your waist.

"[your boba order girl cos i know it's complicated]." you reply with a smile, "you?"

"i don't know, i don't really drink bubble tea. just get me a random one. but if it tastes bad—"

"then you can have me instead," you whisper, walking to the counter with no shame.

"next!" the girl at the register calls.

you walk to the counter, a quiet sakusa who's turned slightly follows with the attachment by your waist. 

"what can i get..." the worker's eyes dawdles onto sakusa, "for you...?"

sakusa seemed to have caught on, looking between you and the worker.

why is he not saying anything?

you quickly ordered the drinks, paid and waited on the side for them. he's still holding you but the two of you are standing in complete silence.

you're mad, fuming even that he's not speaking up about the girl.

"your drinks are ready!" the girl chirps.

speak of the devil.

"thank you." you smile fakely.

nevertheless, your rudeness hadn't occured to her as she had her googly eyes for sakusa.

"h-hey. could i have your number?" she asks.

you react quickly, eyes widening.

sakusa isn't saying anything again.

this motherfucker—

"um excuse me, we're dating." you respond.

"really?"

sakusa raises an eyebrow, "we are?"

you averted your sight to him, jaw dropped. 

oh, hell no—

"sakoochie—"

he freaks out, grabbing your hand and making his way towards the opened exit, not before telling the cashier, "yeah, we are. i call her mommy in bed." 

it wasn't the answer you were expecting but anything for that girl to stop so you abide by that.

you left the store, the girl and you both flabbergasted by what just happened. she must've thought you were insane.

"holy shit sakusa."

"shut up."

"can you call me mommy once?"

he bends down to reach your eye level, staring into your eyes. 

your whole body is paralysed as he's inching closer.

closer.

closer.

you're sure he's about to kiss you and—

"in your fucking dreams."

he pushes your face away with a simple nudge of his index finger.