[46] BROKEN HEARTS

TUESDAY

"i'm sorry for being bitchy earlier! i didn't understand the situation well but now that you and samu told me, i kinda see why he was acting that way." hana says, driving down the street, having to be over the speed limit.

you shake your head, "no no, you didn't do anything wrong. you had to defend your best friend."

she nods, "i'm glad you also understand that. he's basically my little brother, i was just looking out for him."

you were relieved that conditions had come to a quick adjustment and hana is hurriedly bringing you to her apartment. but there was that drowning feeling that was submerging your head under water assigned of sad tears. after years, you were facing a boy whom you didn't know was in such a dejected position, he himself, drowning from tears of pain and hurt.

you want the whole thing from sakusa, whether it was good or bad. and if it meant going through the turmoil you caused, it was worth it. you deserved it after leaving him with. theshort end of the stick.

"but just the way he described you..." hana continues, "it was horrid and he was so mad at you! i haven't seen sakusa this mad before so it was really surprising. i am soooo sorry again for acting the way i did. it was really immature, i'll make it up to you again."

"it's okay, i understand."

hana pulls into the parking lot of what looks like a luxury apartment complex. sakusa truly found a nice place to stay because when you went into the lobby, you were so shocked at its spacious room.

"our apartment's on the fourth floor," she informs as you guys go up the elevator.

she notices the way you were fidgeting with your fingers and tapping your foot urgently against the ground. after all, you weren't sure if sakusa would even talk to you today. what if he lashed out? you couldn't come to a sudden confirmation of these things.

hana places a hand on your shoulder, "don't worry, sweetie. you'll do fine! i'll just stay in my room when we get in, so take your time talking, okay?"

"w-will he yell?"

her eyes widen, "he sounds pretty mad."

she shook her head. "no, never. not only is he a germaphobe, but he just doesn't react that way when he's mad. he'll probably offend you a lot and compare you to dirty things but that's about it."

you nod briskly, comfort leaking from her words.

you guys leave the elevator and walk down the hallway before ending up in front of a door. she fishes through her pockets for keys and opens the door. you follow hana through the front door, stomach knotting up and feeling your fortitude sink lower and lower. you're meant to be at class right now but you told shirabu to send pictures of the notes instead, knowing this was a more important matter. he was reluctant about the whole situation but agreed out of no choice.

as expected, the apartment behind the door is kept in tip-top shape and expertly decorated. hana leads you into the living room, sakusa laying down on the couch, reading a book. 

sakusa, a shirtless figure, slumped on the couch.

"yah! you lazy bum! look who's here to see you here!" hana shouts, kicking sakusa.

he groans, "i always clean, what do you mean lazy? are you that du..."

he lifts the book from his face and looks over at you. his hard gaze causes you to drop yours to the ground, "what is she doing here?" 

"you lied, you little piece of shit! you better sort things out with her or i'm kicking you out!" hana yells, pushing you forcefully to sit on the same couch.