[23] OMIOMI-KUN

the boys continue to play volleyball after greeting sakusa, scooping the second-best ace into their game. you knew they were purposely doing it to see his technique but without minding into their business, you went back to your former spot on the stage and continued doing your homework.

seeing sakusa in real life was startling, to say the least. in your head, you were wondering how hot a man could be but another side of you was simply excited to see him in person at last. so you were pretty unsure of what to feel. you pushed all the thoughts aside for another time and then did your homework to your avail.

"oi." sakusa pokes your forehead.

"yes?"

"are you always like this when they're playing?" he asks, gesturing towards your workload.

you shook your head, denying his accusations.

"no! i'm a good manager, y'know?"

obviously inarizaki's volleyball team wouldn't let that slide past you.

"don't trust a word she says!" suna yells from the court.

"don't trust a word he says!" you argues back, "suna's a big bully!"

"only to you!" the middle blocker returns.

what's it with this boy constantly aggravating you?

"that's true." sakusa agrees,"no one can help but to bully you."

"hmph! then what's the point of you being here?!" you say, crossing your arms, disregarding your homework.

"to see atsumu and his family." sakusa answers.

you would admit that you were disappointed to hear him say that but didn't show it because you didn't want him to assume your feelings, especially because you were confused on whether you liked him or not.

however, sakusa seems to be a few steps ahead of you, like always.

"what? you really thought i was here to see you?"

when you opened your mouth to protest, he was already going back into the court to play with inarizaki, leaving a heavy feeling in your heart behind.