[54] IN THE DARK

FRIDAY

the rain patters against the thick glass. 

sakusa sighs and turns on the flash on his phone. 

you weren't even sure where he was going. he just left the living room without warning.

you, on the other hand, had too much of this. coming here was a mistake and not working out.  grabbing your bag, you stalk towards the front door, preparing yourself to see charlie chaplin in case he was really there in the hallways, laughing. hand landing on the front door, you felt someone else grasp your wrist in their tight clutch. 

shivers slither down your spine in bolts when someone flashes their light on you. you jump, ready to scream when you saw it was sakusa there, his phone providing light to his stunning face.

"where are you going?"

"home," you answer, trying to play cool as if he didn't just scare the living shit out of you.

"at this time?"

"yeah." you nod.

why does he care?

hasn't he done enough damage?

instead of the expressionless sakusa, he crosses his arms over his chest and shrugs, a small smirk tugging his lips, "okay, go." 

it's like he's daring you, provoking you somewhat. so you do as he says. oh, so that's how it is? you will more than happily leave. 

your soul leaves your body as you take a step out of the apartment, now standing in the dark hallway. sakusa closes the door behind you without a care in the world. there was no sign of light, only the sound of the ill-timed rainfall, crashing on the surfaces of the luxury complex.

your eyes searched into nothing, fear creeping up on you.

you really couldn't do this...

but you couldn't go back either, could you?

how about charlie chaplin—

"sakusa! let me in!" you yell, banging on the front door.

no sound.

your heart drops to the pit of your stomach.

"sakusa, please!" you shout, slamming the front door as hard as you could with your fists.

you weren't facing death today. you would much rather see sakusa for an entire night than see charlie chaplin.

"sakusa!"

he had to be doing it on purpose! to irk you. on the bright side, if you died, he would be responsible for not letting you in and you know hana would give him the scolding of his life.

your voice rings through the door obviously but to the ears of an ignoring sakusa, they mean nothing. though, he was soon finding himself feeding in.

"please!"

tears were at the brim of your eyes.

"sa—"

the door opens.

"thank you!" you tell him, going back in.

no shame. absolutely no shame, y/n.

it was like you were expecting the apartment to be somewhat warmer than the chilling hallway. it surprised you that it wasn't any different.

"it's so cold!" you tell him, hugging yourself, "turn on the heater."

sakusa shakes his head, "sometimes i wonder if atsumu has rubbed off on you."

the reality hit you like a ton of bricks.

right...

in the dark, no electricity.

however, that didn't stop you from biting back him who stared at you while crossing his arms. the both of you made it back to the living room, standing on the cold floor as if waiting for the unexpected to happen.

"sometimes i wonder if you could get meaner!"

"sometimes i wonder—"

thunder.

you scream at the top of your lungs and cover your ears, the sound echoing unexpectedly in your ears.

you can't handle thunderstorms.

you were never able to.

and at the most unexpected time with the most unexpected person, one had striked the clouds.

"what? you scared?" sakusa scoffs.

"shut up!"

"tch, i'm going to my room—"

and there it went again, with a loud jolt.

you grab onto sakusa for support.

"don't go!" you voice, eyes widening.

you were unsure on how you would put up with this if he left. it definitely didn't sound like a good idea.

it wasn't a good idea.

"let go." sakusa warns you, voice lower, barely a huff.

"please—"

"let. go." he interrupts.

"sakusa, i'll cry. please!"

"if you don't let go of me right—"

you don't hear him.

the horror had controlled you as you moved to sit on the couch, dragging him to sit beside you. he couldn't go anywhere, you wouldn't let him go. you couldn't. you could never let him go. never.

"what are you doing—"

more thunder.

it's like it had snapped your sanity like a rope because the next thing you knew, you jump into his chest,

his anger got the best of him, like it always does, "you—"

the thunder doesn't stop. you shriek again an wrap your arms around his neck as your face plants itself in his toned chest. if you had a grip, you would've just gone on your phone like before and played it cool.

but now, you had no choice.

you cry softly into the chest, feeling like the weather outside and he had beaten you up completely.

you're stuck on sea with a soaked map. out of everyone that could've been here, it's sakusa.

"i'm sorry. i'm really really sorry." you sniffle, tears rolling down your cheeks.

your tighten your arms around his neck, body trembling and becoming small. sakusa's dead silent and you're not sure what to make of it.

how could he be angry at you all this while? how could he just leave you to be scared?

he was so upset by the situation you two were in. 

though, seeing you in tears had brought out that small decency. instead of pushing you off, he pushed everything away to his disliking and slowly but surely, wrapped his arms around you.

"it's okay..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

finally updated LOL happy new years!

also which one of my old chatfics do you guys want
me to reupload?

i have all of pretty setter squad's chapter (iwaizumi), some of 
daddy's squad (ushijima) and like, none of inarizaki's manager (akaashi)
but that just means i can rewrite inarizaki's manager! 

i also really wanna do a whole rewrite of notice me

lmk though what you want<3