[39] MISSED HOMES

FRIDAY - A FEW DAYS BEFORE YOUR FIRST CLASS

"and that's the last box!" you say, caressing the tired atsumu on the shoulder.

"let me never help you move boxes again." he sighs, relief of some sort of way.

"i'm sorry, bestie but there was no choice," you told him.

atsumu rolled his eyes. "imma go now."

and he ran away before you could ask him to help you unpack. he must've knew that you wouldn't let him go at all if he stayed.

you sigh deeply and collapse on the empty bed. today was quite a long day, well this whole week was. finding this apartment, moving in with the boys. it was a burden heavy on all your shoulders but you worked hard and managed it. now you were officially at the last part, unpacking in your new apartment.

the boys were off doing something, you didn't really care as you were so tired. your eyes were slowly closing, bit by bit and then closed off totally.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

"how the fuck did she fall asleep so quick?"

"we shouldn't have barged into her room like this."

"ugh, who cares?"

"okay but did i ask, suna?"

"don't you have a girlfriend? go ask her instead of me—"

"you little shit!"

"stop fighting, you idiots."

you woke up slowly, noticing suna, atsumu and osamu close to your faces as if they were inspecting a dead body. you gave them a tired smile, indicating your wake.

"ew." suna comments.

"tch." you remark, getting up and leaning against the headboard.

it took a while for you to register what was happening and why you weren't in your room.

right.

you moved across the country to go to university.

your mother. you had said bye to her and everything. she shed a few tears, seeing how successful you had become and said that she had done her job as a mother. you couldn't see her like that so you also had cried.

thinking about it, tears were coming out of your eyes.

"Y/N, WHY ARE YOUR EYES PEEING?!" atsumu asks, shaking you aggressively by the shoulders.

"she's crying, dumbass." osamu answers, hitting his brother, "why are you being so annoying?"

you engulfed atsumu quickly, crying on his shoulder. atsumu hugs you back like the best friend he is, stroking your hair and whispering sweet nothings in your ear. it didn't really help though but you wouldn't say anything to stop him because it was better than the silence.

ever since you were young, your mother was the person who took time to raise you to become as successful as you are now. you guys share a close relationship that most mothers and daughters don't have and you notice how fortunate you were to have that with the girls around you at school, who'd complain endlessly about their mothers. meanwhile, you had a steady relationship with yours and would go to her at any cost to share any problem.

because you were doing so well in school, she was a lot less strict with you. she has infinite trust in you and let you do things you wanted to do, understanding that you put your education as a priority like she wanted.

but now she wasn't here anymore.

there wasn't anyone telling you it was dinnertime or that it's late and that you should head to bed.

"y/n, don't cry." atsumu attempts, rubbing your back softly.

"i miss my mother." you admit.

you saw suna quietly as he rolled his eyes, what a baby."

however, you caught the tears appearing on his lids. you point at him quickly, catching him in the action, "see? you do too!"

suna quickly wipes his tears off and looked away, sniffling, "sh-shut up."

"aweee best friend~~~" osamu coos, however, stopped when suna gave him a glare.

"hey, samu. i kinda miss mom too." atsumu staes quietly.

all of you looked over at him and osamu's face came to a sudden realisation.

"m-me too." he also admits.

silence floated in the atmosphere before all four of you started wailing loudly and hugging one another. and then, the four of you spent the night crying about the homes you missed.