[12] BAD DAY

FRIDAY

oMiOmIkUn
[10:48PM]

are you okay?

you didn't text me
for almost a week

idk am i?

um

you answer me.

how would i know?

it's not like you'd
care anyways.

you're right.

i won't.

but if you want someone
to talk to...

you're only here because
i promised you to be

so you can leave

i don't want you anymore

[11:11PM]

oMiOmIkUn is calling...

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

you're startled for the first time in a while to see him calling.

you weren't feeling like you wanted to pick up but did anyways.

sakusa's probably going to scold you but you're willing to let it go through one ear and out the other. you were just not putting up with any more bullshit today.

"what's wrong with you?"

"nothing."

"i know when you don't text me for a whole week that something's wrong."

"maybe i was just busy. stop assuming." you almost whisper.

"y/n, if you're sitting there with chocolate and watching k-dramas on your laptop, i swear—"

you looked over at your laptop that was playing 'my id is gangnam beauty' and then at the chocolate bar in your hand.

"shut up, sakusa. i am not."

"i know you are. it's not gonna help if you hide it." sakusa says, "tell me what happened."

"i don't want to talk about it," you told him, yawning.

"are you sleepy?"

"yeah."

"go to sleep."

"i can't." you say.

"i don't know why i bother with you anymore," he spoke.

"then, don't. i literally did not ask."

you really weren't in the right mood to talk to anyone now. all you wanted was some peace from the world. today was an ass day and you didn't need to be ruined more.

you were close to hanging up when he stopped you.

"wait." sakusa says.

"what?"

"do you want me to stay up and study so you can fall asleep? you said my side of the call always sounds calm, right?"

a small smile made its way to your lips.

would he really do that for you?

"i don't really—"

you hear rumbles and then a chair being hauled out. you could make out sakusa sitting down and a book being opened.

he sighs longingly from the other side. "i'm ready to study so you should listen to me...put your chocolate away."

is sakusa being nice?

"sakusa—"

"go brush your teeth as well," he interjects.

knowing he'd not let you go, you did just that and then tidied your bed a little.

"finished?" sakusa asks.

you hummed in response, starting to feel a little calmer. getting beneath the covers, you put your phone on speakers and then directly beside you on the pillow.

"sakusa...do you have a fan on?" you asks him.

"yeah, why? is it too distracting? i can turn it off if you want."

"no." you laugh, "it sounds more relaxing..."

you close your eyes slowly, sleeping finding your tired body as sakusa flips delicately through an over-priced textbook, typing and muttering under his breath occasionally.

this is what you needed.

comfort.

"sakusa."

"hm? is there something wrong?"

"my dad came to see me today." you told to him.

"oh..."

you heard a book close.

"he wants me to talk to him but i can't do that. not after he just left me and my mum like that. my mum's been crying since then and it makes me sad, seeing her like that. she's mad too and..."

he stays silent.

"i'm sorry i should be—"

"no it's okay. i told you i'd listen, right?" he interjects.

you smiled again, loving the atmosphere you were in.

"mmm...thanks, sakusa."

"you're welcome. and you know the promise...i didn't do it just for the promise. i really do enjoy talking to you."