[37] GRADUATION NIGHT

LAST DAY OF THIRD YEAR

"so you're sure about moving in with us?" atsumu asks again. 

it had to be the millionth time by this point and the urgency in his eyes was never an escape for you.

"yes, tsumu!" you nod, "i don't wanna live by myself!"

"just double-checking if you would be comfortable with us," atsumu responds, setting a hand on your shoulder.

"no, she's just scared on living on her own." suna remarks to your annoyance. it's been a year-and-a-half and suna still knows how to get on your nerves. you stoop down to grab your stiletto heel as a warning which only caused the entire table to laugh. 

here you guys were, on the official ceremonial night at the end of your school years. it ended with tears from most students at the graduation, except your group. although, you thought you'd seen atsumu wipe a tear earlier on the school stage when you got your valedictorian. you were too excited with getting a shiny trophy to pay attention to him. besides, you had to console your mother who was a crying, proud mess.

right now, you and the boys were sitting in front of a coffee shop at ten o'clock, enjoying the last night of being a teenager. after this, the waters of adulting approach you steadily.

"hana is also going to tokyo." osamu says once the conversation drifts off.

you looks up excitedly. "the pretty girl?"

"my girlfriend." he corrects, imparting you a look.

"my girlfriend." you tease, earning laughs on the table again.

"you have to be careful, samu. she might steal hana with her smartness. you can only make onigiri, remember?" atsumu continues, patting his brother on the head, "y/n's a valedictorian and a future doctor."

osamu glares at him as he swatted his hand away angrily. you could only laugh, knowing in the comfort that even thought everything was going to change after this, you could always look to the squabbling of atsumu and osamu.

"but for real though, isn't she rooming with sakusa and komori or something like that?" suna asks.

osamu nods. "yeah. those three have been pretty close since childhood. if you mess with one of them, you mess with all of them kinda group, you know? but because of high school they sort of drifted apart, but now they're trying to work things out again."

"isn't she already in uni?" you ask.

osamu nods again, "this year was her first year in the uni like kita-san and ojiro-san."

"so you're into older girls, huh samu?" you ridicule, "me too!"

he rolls his eyes.

"hurry up and snatch his girl. i want my best friend already." suna complains, groaning.

"oh! but i'm going to see bokkun!" atsumu yells, excitedly out of the blue.

"oh my god, will i finally be able to meet him?!" you shout back.

"yes! i can't wait!"

"the chaotic babies." suna named. "that's what y'all will be called. sensitive but dense is your slogan."

you smacked his shoulder lightly. "we're not some business, you asshole. doesn't anything nice come out of your mouth?!"

"unfortunately not."

"tch." osamu says, "he's always like that."

"and you're always talking about hAnA."

"atsumu, let's go. i don't wanna stay here with this old couple fighting," you say, scrunching your nose.

"me too." atsumu nods.

SAKUSA POV

he was sweeping his room only to get distracted by his phone once again. something out of the ordinary. but there was a reason for this. suna had posted a photo of her on his story.

sakusa smiled, only to remove it quickly. he didn't like her. he didn't, he didn't. she was nothing but an unclean item to him. a disgusting germ.

sakusa had returned to his old ways. condemning her. how did she forget him so effortlessly? the germaphobe had never felt so abandoned before, it got to him in some sort of way. and now whenever he spoke her name, it would be of despise.

sakusa didn't understand why she didn't say 'hi' to him or spared time to talk to him the way she did before. and even if she had a reason, it was a stupid reason. he didn't want to know the reason to know it was stupid. she just ghosted him all this while, leaving no trace that she was ever in her life.

so was all that flirting from her fake? complimenting him? calling him 'hot', 'cute'? no girl would simply say that and not mean anything, right? 

he was confused and pushed the thoughts of the traitor away soon. he didn't want her to be the reason for him stopping to live his life to the fullest. he would push her away the way she did.

but now sakusa couldn't trust so easily now...

it was all thanks to her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

FINALLYYY AN UPDATE