Chapter 28

I treaded along the corridor floor, leading toward to the spare guest room.

It took me nearly 10 minutes just caluculating where on planet earth this room was on the floor I circled around maybe 3 times.

Exactly where the label on the door said, I followed the sign with relief breezing through my lungs as I steadily walked toward the bedroom.

There, I opened the door silently, peeking through the widening crack when under the snow-white duvet was Y/n. I wasn't close enough to tell if she was sleeping or not.

Her back was facing be directly. Only her resting head and shoulders were nearly buried by the incredibly thick pillow. She did seem really cosy where she was.

The glint of worry seemingly lingered back into my expression as I came closer. Closing the door behind me without a noise.

Although, it felt as if my presence was already known by her. I contined to make small footsteps toward the bed until her voice caught me.

"What do you want?.." Her voice mumbled softly against the pillow. But, not in that usual sort of morning tone, judging by her voice. As if she was awake before I even entered.

Her tone didn't sound at all appeased. I just sat on the chair beside the bed.

"Just checking if you're okay." I said. "Are you feeling anything?"

She didn't make a quick response. My question just lingered in the thin air caged in this room.

"Cold.." She whispered. "Dissatisfied... and rebellious.."

Her end of the sentence made me elevate an eyebrow. A small mix of confusion and curiousness. By then, for a long quiet 5 seconds, her shoulders started jittering. Oddly, not in a chilled, freezing kind of way.

At the point, I began to make out that she was laughing. Her chuckling was building a crescendo, but still soft and clear to understand.

Why in the world is she chuckling like this?

I became aghast. Gazing at her with narrowed eyes. "Are you giggling? Why are you doing that?"

"I played you right through the mud, Jungkook." She said as her body slowly twist over where her brightly awoken eyes met with my dazed ones.

"Let's face it. I'm better than you." A thin playful smirk curved her lips. I was still sat completely thrown on what she meant by it.

"What do you mean?.. You tricked me?!"

"And you really believed it." She murmured, still holding that light grin with success coated all over it. She very much was amused to see my expression in a buffer while she's lying on a luxury mattress.

I scoffed, hanging my jaw in disdain while also feeling so aloof and bamboozled all at once. My tongue curled around through my cheek.

I couldn't believe this. She pricked a thorn through my skin. How could she pull such a dirty little prank on me?

"Your reaction sounded so convincing, I almost had second-thoughts on if I really should've done it." But she just shrugged, as if to cheekily add that it was all worth it by the end.

Admittedly, I had the itching temptation to smother her with the pillow she's lying on. But, my heart couldn't reach to that level.

Seeing her smile again gave warmth between my heart and my stomach. Maybe I'll save that for some other day.

I snarked at her, leaning back and crossing my arms. "Okay, Miss Actress. You got a reaction out of me. Happy?"

I saw in her eyes that she was considering that thought. Her once lighthearted, playful smirk with that glitter of mischief putting dimples in her cheeks then slowly crumbled to a blunt expression.