Chapter 7

The tension between me and Jungkook was scalding. Our eyes meet for like a two scorching minutes.

"Um. Are we getting started?" Hoseok defused the tension. It didn't stop it from creeping up my shoulders and heat the flames in my eyes, but I remained calm.

As we began, I restricted any possible eye contact with Jungkook as much as I could.

I was carried away from helping Hoseok with the work. "Hey!" Jungkook snapped his fingers near my face, "Aren't you also suppose to help me since I'm a part of this group?"

It only startled me a little, but mostly annoyed me. "Right.." I replied monotonically.

"You're the smart one. Help me out." 

It didn't fail to pierce even more daggers into my skin, but I never showed that since that's what he wants. It's his daily dose of entertainment.

"Since we're doing World War two, it's best if we continue further research for such things like the holocaust." I proceeded to explain.

We remained a quiet group as we focused on our work for most of the lesson. Surprising on Jungkook's end. When the bell rang, the teacher made an abrupt comment for the class.

"Just a reminder, make sure you work on it outside of school as well as in class!" She exclaimed shortly. All of us headed outside of the room to our next class. I'm glad Jungkook didn't even try to bother me.

-

I had P.E class. Every student in that class had dressed into their uniform and stepped to the location of our lesson. I figured that I was alone until a something lightly touched my shoulder. Someone's hand. Someone I met before.

"Oh, Hey Cha Eun-woo!" I said as he waved. 

"Hello!" His smile curved.

After the instructor informed all of us, we rushed to our spots to where we were gonna play basketball. I was quite ready for it. My legs were feeling heavy after jumping to catch the ball in the hoop. Sheesh. How does Yoongi do it?

Before anyone else could get a grip of the ball, I dribbled it toward my goal on the other end. 

Yes! Yes! I mentally chanted. My streak of luck.

One more point and they're done for! Just as I turned while shooting, the ball collided back into my face. I was lost in focus of the ball cuz I was looking at Cha Eun-woo cheering for me.

It bounced on the bridge of my nose, leaving me stumbling until landing on my butt on the hard ground, groaning in pain.

Footsteps were getting louder since my team was crowding me.
Cha Eun-woo was peering down at me, watching as I held my nose like it was on the brink of falling off. A girl pointed, "Y/n, your nose is bleeding!" along with others saying. "Oh my god, she's bleeding!"

I felt my hand being suddenly tugged on by Cha Eun-woo as he lifted me up on my feet. I still had one hand to secure my nose in place to prevent anymore pain, but I sensed the blood slowly pouring onto my skin then onto my shirt.

Cha Eun-woo excused us to visit the nurse. He stayed with me throughout the lesson of me laying on the chair with a tissue clinging to my nose. Such a sweet heart. 

"Thanks for helping and overall staying with me." I thanked him politely. He nodded, "It's no biggy."

It only took a few minutes for the nose bleed to break its flow and finally stop. I tossed the red coloured tissue to the bin and returned to the court with Cha Eun-woo by my side.

We gathered back to the dressing rooms once the period had ended and switched back to our regular uniforms. I made more conversations with Cha Eun-woo as we went along our routes.