Chapter 21

The two of you were sat in complete silence for the time being. Meanwhile, your mind was infiltrated with more memories about Jieun Mi, like she had any importance to your life.

Lisa adjusted the table's surface to hand you and herself a small bottled drink. Although she had coffee beforehand, she was a drink-for-two type of person.

Your thoughts collected in a bundle, spinning the same taunting flashbacks in your head from the previous day. It felt as if your brain wanted you to look back, not only reliving it, but to also give in to confront it at some point.

You had the intention to bury your face into your hands to just wipe away the memories. But, in a swift effort, you stood up to leave the room. Giving Lisa a brief goodbye. "I should be heading back now."

Her eyes looked at you as to be befuddled. "You're already leaving? But, you don't want your drink?"

You were just a step away from shutting yourself out. You didn't want to be rude to not give a response, so you stood a moment before departing. "You can save it." 

The door lock made it's click behind you. The seconds you took to reconcile, you strode off, away from Lisa's door to your own dorm room only a 1 minute destination. There still was a little aggression in your walking pattern as you left.

You approached your dorm you often mistaken to calling it home. 

And in that short second of your bursting entry, hell must've broke loose in your eyes. .

It was time freezing when 2 sets of eyes met with your widened ones. An in frame sight of Jieun Mi's model-like slim body over top of Jungkook's, sat leaning against the back pillow of the sofa. That exact sofa.. he daringly kissed you with those same lips that Jieun Mi's could've touched if you hadn't shown yourself in time.

To say the least, it was almost in a seductive position. Actually, scratch that. An exact replicated image of two ex partners in a near dominate position.

It seemed as though a page ripped out of a drama book and was coded into a reality. Nothing; you were in absolute oblivion at this point across. What was even an appropriate way to react?

Jungkook's brows furrowed, as if confused to see why you were here. But for Jieun Mi - hands firmly rested against his chest and knee sat between his legs - she unleashed herself from keeping a grip of him.

"Ah, you must be Y/n." She stood properly, facing you. Suppose the awkwardness just settled in with your response: a blank stare from your collective-self.

Her finger adjusted her collar oddly as if some actual intimate situation unfolded beforehand. Jungkook still had his uniform on, to which his tie was let loose from his collar, more than it usually was as the bad boy drag.

When your eyes stole a quick glimpse of him on the sofa - had not even moved when Jieun Mi did - his eyes were further from having any sight of you. He barely looked at you once you stepped in.

"Sorry if it seemed like something happened between us." She stated with a weird shift in her tone, feeling she had a touch of sarcasm in the way she said it.

In your mind, you tried with might to brush that spoken statement off like dust, but you never expressed it. Still no catch of Jungkook ever glimpsing over at your direction. You witnessed his chest rise up and down slowly, releasing a brief sigh through his nose.

Your eyes meeting back to Jieun Mi, she rounded her eyes to the side, chewing the inside of her lip with her hands clasped behind, as though gulping would pass the silence. 

I wish it did. At least some time to just skip by all of this.

At last, but not so pleasingly, Jieun Mi inhaled a breath to speak. "Well.. I better head out. Considering that this is your dorm after all." 

Her teeth semi-showed a smile to appear friendly and normal. I had the deranged thought that was the devil's last call of his revenge.

My attention was spanned out on the carpet ground, side-eyeing her clacky shoes walking out of the room, leaving me again to deal with this hard-to-handle shitbag. 

Thoughts were consuming my head, but it was too clouded to even think of any of them. Even the intrusive ones.

Jungkook.. you will pay for this..

Finally, the son of lucifer's grandchild had spoken. However, you didn't want him wasting it on you.

"Before you say anything, it's nothing of what it looks like."

He rised from the sofa, stepping to you. Your gaze slowly elevated up to his. 

"If I hadn't been over at Lisa's, would you have thought to still bring her here? Or taken your 7 seconds of heaven somewhere else?"

What was this jealousy you were delivering? His eyes just looked straight down on you, as to indicate what had actually been going on inside your train of thought. You also wanted to do the same with his.

You shrugged your shoulders, releasing them as your hands hits your hips. "So this is what we really call a game, huh? We can't be in the right mind to share a dorm properly."

You swung your heel, facing the door again. Before a sudden halt from the pull of your wrist. Jungkook locked you in your position without batting an eye at him.

"Are you even interested to hear what I have to say?" His voice pitched just an octave higher. The resonance showing it's actual insight in his explanation, if you were even willing to hear it.

"Then I'm waiting. Say it now.." 

Everything about you was deadpan. Your gaze was just dropped to the floor with Jungkook's hand still attached to your sleeve. He seemed to battle time when a clean response was a bit tricky for him to confess.

"Jieun Mi's an aquaintance. She's not associated with anything to do with me." His choice of phrasing it couldn't repair any sense in your head. 

"Then what's the reason you brought her here in the first place?" You managed to redeemed eye contact with him, turning your head. But somehow, he was unable to apply. Just tense staring between gazes was all he could do.

That answered. You tugged your sleeve off from his fingers when you motioned toward the door. He thought to call your name, but it already had written an outcome in his mind what you'd do. 

You fled before he could. Nothing would bring your attention from that moment after. 

The hallway felt dark, even with the rows of lights. You couldn't spring your gaze up any higher than the ground. The thought of Lisa scattered across your mind. Maybe you could return back to her..? or just not bother..

Mother's home. But what about Sunabi?

Her transmission from the hospital back home wasn't until a few days awaiting forward. It sent the realisation how much you missed her. Her texts or calls from mom's phone haven't come through yet.

You fished out your phone from your pocket, visiting your contacts list for a search of any new location to adventure for. Not that you were really in the position to have a whole night's worth of conversations.

Until you reached a phone number you saved near the most recently added section. You pressed the phone symbol. It dialed.

"Hi, Cha Eun woo..."