Chapter 5

Lisa invited me to a hang out with Hoseok, Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jennie. I was pumped as much as much as last time. I left the dorm in high-spirits and locked it on my way out.

As I was strolling through the gates to the outside, I was greeted by a delighted Jennie.

"Lisa is just gathering the others." She assured me. I smiled and hugged her with one arm as we walked. Both of our arms were linked around each other's shoulders. Happily walking until we eventually came across Lisa and the other three. 

They followed along our walking pattern and went as we reached the destination we wanted to crash land at.

This little cafe that Yoongi recommended, which is very sweet and ironic of him considering that this place is a cat cafe. To which I thought was hilarious.

The interior of it was super aesthetically pleasing. Yoongi was tensed up, feeling shy about his chosen pick of the place.

All of us comforted him with our appreciation. His nose scrunched shyly and smiled bashfully. What a cutie.

"Shall we order?" Hoseok looked around the table. We all nodded and agreed. Placing our orders, Namjoon and Yoongi ordered the specials, and me, Lisa, Jennie and Hoseok ordered casual drinks.

We waited around thirteen minutes for all of beverages to be served to our table. Hoseok swiped a sprite canned drink from the vending machine before our drinks came.

We joked about it, but he claimed it was for later.

When our drinks did arrive, we dove our lips over the straws. Lisa and I devoured them by a minute.

After most of us were chatting to each other, I provided myself something to say to Hoseok.

"I have a question.." I paused for a while 'til he responded.

"Yes?"

"..Uh- heh. I don't know if I need to ask you this but... do you know anything do to with Jungkook since you're friends with him?" I finished myself clean.

"Oh. Well, he is a good friend of ours. We love him to pieces but, things kinda broke off since he's.. well... a bad boy." He said. 

I looked down at the bottom of my drink. My mind then recalled that memory of earlier. I shook my head. Clearing the clouds from my brain.

"Why? Is there something about him that you wanna know?" He raised his brows, sipping from the straw.

I quickly dismissed, "Uh- No. It's not that. It's just that I rarely see him with you guys."

"I get it, since he does like to pick on you a lot. He's still considered to be a part of our group. But I reckon that he's just kinda gone solo for the mean time." He filtered the low tone with his knowing smile.

To all of our surpises, a rapid ginger cat purred its way on our table. It caressed it's furry body against Yoongi's face, leaving sheds of fur over his clean face.

All of us laughed then awed. He's the cat person after all. Yoongi brushed his tongue as it slipped through his mouth and tried cleaning out all the hair.

The same cat rubbed itself on most of us until it flopped itself in the middle of our table. We shielded our drinks from being contaminated with hair from the cat's body of long fur.

A bunch more cats trained along with their cute faces rubbing our knuckles. We couldn't let ourselves go empty handed without burying our hands in their fluffy tummies and soft faces.

We patted and caressed the cats for about 10 minutes after finishing until calling it a night. Leaving our empty drinks on the table with the rest of the cats tired from us giving them infinite pats.

All of us set up a map of which way is to go back to the dorms. Before we began to walk, my mind came across a list of items I needed to purchase.

I stood in thought as they began their short trip back. Namjoon turned over to me. "Hey y/n, you coming?"

"Oh- I actually need to head to the service station. You guys can go ahead."

"Are you sure? We can wait." He said. I reassured him no need for them to be patient on me. "No, it's okay. I'll be fine!" I lightly smiled, so assertively. 

After that, they tailed off, away in the street lights accompanying the dark. I sighed deeply, walking the opposite direction down to the nearest service station.

As I entered, I swiped up a few snacks and some fruit. It only took me about six minutes to get them sorted and checked out.

The smell of flamy smoke really gave me an icky feeling. I hate smoking. Especially when it's outside and in the night's awakening. I walked about 70 meters from the station to the other side of the dimly lit suburb.

The school, including the dormitories, were only a 15 minute walk from here. I continued walking without properly acknowledging my surroundings—purposely—since I knew where I was going.

My senses stuck up when I heard a bit of commotion out of one of my ears. I poked around to see what was there. Regretfully, I stepped closer to it, leading me into a dark filthy alley.

I kept readjusting my gaze in every angle to see some gangst people doing weird things. 

"Hey! Look at the lady." One raised their voice for others to be aware. Assuming it was me they were aiming for.

My feet reversed ever so slightly.

"We're talking to you!" Another called. I shuddered. Nevermind! I'm gone. They kept roaming closer to my direction.

I thought that if I ran, they'd slice me. So I just kept my footsteps slow and uneasy. 

"Maybe we can do something really useful.." One said, smirking evily. I was feeling the tension of my nerves spring up and my heart grew quicker.

As they closed distance, one of them harshly gripped onto my coat, tossing me back and forth to one another in a circle. I was thrown to one and they thrusted me onto the ground of concrete. Could have easily butchered something in my tailbone.

I groaned in pain, but silenced myself. A couple of items from my grocery bag flew out on floor of dead cigarette sticks and rugs of debris.

As they were forming a close crowd around me, someone suspicious stepped forward with a significant appearance. My eyes slowly grew wide.

He shot dark eyes at me with a very familiarly shaped lips. With the tiniest chuckle I could see his shoulders bounce.

The hell..?! Why is Jungkook here!?...

I lifted myself up and made my quick get-away from the scene. Some of those store-bought stuff was abandoned from my cowardness. I was frantic and unsure about what I just witnessed with my very own eyes.

I carried the pack of groceries with me as it flew behind. The thin wind hit me as I sprinted with weak knees.

After about four minutes of consistent running like an olympian, I struggled to pan down. My body slid against the door, locked.. and completely quiet, excluding my extensive panting. I was sweating profusely, and all I could say was.....

"Jungkook... what. the. FUCK!!"