Stick Hockey

Beginne am Anfang

Mordecai asked. "Hey! Trust me, I did you guys a favor. That thing is a waste of time." Benson looks to Skips. "Skips, back me up." He said. "You shouldn't have thrown away the game, Benson." He replied. "I concur, one must be a man of his word." Pops said, and Benson laughs disbelievingly. "I can't believe this!" He said. "We want our game back." Mordecai said. "Yeah, man. You owe us!" Rigby said. "You do owe 'em." Skips said, and Benson sighs. "Alright, let's go get it." He said.

The four go to the King Thrift. "Yeah, yeah, the game with the sticks. Nah, it's gone. I sold it to Jeffy over at Thift World." The employee said. "What?!" The trio asked. "Yeah, it was in great condition. I don't know why someone would just donate it like that." The employee replied. "Yeah, they probably weren't thinking straight." (Y/n) said, eyeing Benson angrily. "Wait, where's my head? I got another stick game in the back!" The employee said. "Really?!" The trio asked. "Yeah, right over there!" He points to the left. The trio run in the direction the employee is pointing. They uncover the table to see that it's a foosball table. "Aww what?" Rigby asked. "No!" Mordecai said. "Lame." (Y/n) said.

"Hey, great find, guys! This is great!" Benson said with mock enthusiasm as he walks over. "It's not the same." (Y/n) said. "No, but some would say foosball's better. It's got the same wrist action, plus mass appeal. Way more people play soccer than hockey. C'mon, give it a shot!" Benson said. The trio start to play it dejectedly. "So what's this called again? Foolsball? Hm!" Rigby flicks a stick aggressively and it hits Mordecai in the eye. "Aw!" He said. "See?" Rigby asked. "Argh!" Mordecai said. "So we gettin' it?" Benson asked. Later on the four are driving home on a golf cart.

"I can't believe you tried to pawn off that junky foosball table on us." (Y/n) said. "Sorry, jeez! At least, it was pretty much brand new! That old stick hockey game was a piece of junk." Benson said. "Well, I guess you would know all about being a piece of junk." (Y/n) sneered, and that comment hurt Benson more than he'd care to admit, and Mordecai and Rigby both snickered. "That piece of junk was the coolest thing in the whole park!" Rigby said. "Sure, it's cool now, but keep playing it and one day, bam! Your lives are ruined." Benson said, and (Y/n) raised an eyebrow.

"Wait, what?" She asked, eyeing him suspiciously. "What are you talking about? It's just stick hockey." Rigby raises his arms in exasperation. "Could you just trust me on this one?" Benson asked. "Alright, Benson, we trust you. Oh wait, now I'm taking the trust I said you could have and I'm throwin' it away instead." Mordecai said. "OHHHHHHHHH!" The trio said. Benson stops the golf cart in a fury. "This wouldn't have happened if you guys had done your job!" He shouted.

"No, no, no. You can't get mad this time. You messed up, not us!" (Y/n) shouted. "Argh! Just listen to me!" "You know what, Benson? Forget it." Mordecai shoves Benson off the cart. "Thanks for all your help, but we can get the stick hockey table without you." He drives the golf cart away. "What the heck?! How am I supposed to get back to the park?!" Benson asked. The trio end up going to multiple places in order to get the hockey stick table back, but each person they asked only shook their heads and pointed to the left. Eventually the trio came to a steel door.

The door opens and an arm gripping a stick flies out. "Uh, we're heard there was a stick hockey table here?" Mordecai asked. Meanwhile Benson storms into the house. Pops and Skips are playing cards. "Benson! Care to join our game of cards?" Pops asked. "Not now, Pops." He said. "Suit yourself!" Pops said. "Where are (Y/n), Mordecai and Rigby?" Skips asked. "How should I know?! They stole the cart and took off without me! Can you believe it?" Benson asked. "After what you pulled? I believe it." Skips said. "What?! You're still on their side?!" Benson asked.

"You should've at least given them a chance." Skips said. "It seems the honorable thing to do is apologize. Oh, look!" Pops holds up a joker card with Benson on it. "This one is you!" He giggles. "Hmph." Skips tosses a walkie talkie to Benson. "(Y/n), Mordecai, Rigby, are you there? Pick up!" Benson shouted. Skips reaches for the walkie talkie. "Let me try. (Y/n), Mordecai, Rigby. Are you there?" Skips asked. "Hey, Skips." (Y/n) said. "Tell them I want to talk to them! Tell them!" Benson said. Skips skips away. "Where are you guys? Uh huh. Mmhm. Okay." Skips said.

"So what are they still mad at me? Where are they?" Benson asked. "You're not gonna like it." Skips said. Meanwhile the trio are versing Chong at stick hockey in an arena. The crowd is yelling. Chong hits with the visibly battered (Y/n), Mordecai and Rigby with a stick. Chong scores, the scoreboard showing Home: 7, Away: 32, Period: 3, Time Remaining: 2:58. The crowd cheer with Chong.

They continue playing when Chong pushes (Y/n), Mordecai and Rigby to the ground with sticks. "This is so not fun..." Rigby said. "So not fun..." Mordecai said. Chong grabs holds (Y/n), Mordecai and Rigby up by their necks, holding Rigby and (Y/n) in the same hand. "I don't want him to chop off our heads!" Rigby shouted. Chong laughs. "Who's going to finish your game now?" He laughs. "I'll finish it!" Benson walks into the arena. Chong gasps. "Death Dragon!"

~Flashback~

Benson and his pupil Dave are sitting on a bench. "Well, looks like we're up. Just remember what I taught you." Benson said. "Thank you, master." Dave said. "I'll see you in the finals." Benson fist bumps with Dave. Benson and Dave play their stick hockey matches. Benson wins quickly. Dave's opponent is Chong, who cuts off his head with sticks. "Oh, my neck!" Benson picks up Dave's head. "Dave!" "Master, I thought you said this was gonna be so much fu- Guh..." he then dies. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..."

~End Of Flashback~

Benson sheds a tear. "I always knew the dragon would return to his lair." Chong throws (Y/n), Mordecai and Rigby and they groan. "I go by Benson now." Benson said. "Oooh, Benson." Chong mocks. "I'm here to get my friends and go." Benson said. "Who, these pathetic stick twiddlers?" Chong asked. "Don't say it like that." Benson said. "Get rid of them." Chong's men take (Y/n), Mordecai and Rigby away. "No!" They shouted as they tried their best to escape to no avail. "No!"

Benson shouted as he reaches out to them. "What are you going to do about it?" Chong taunted. "I'm going to finish the game and beat you like I should have ten years ago." Benson said. "No!" (Y/n) shouted, trying to run over but was grabbed, along with her two best friends. "No! Benson! Don't!" Mordecai said. "Don't do it! This game is to the death!" Rigby shouted. "Trust me." Benson said. Chong walks up to the table and undoes his hair. He laughs and presses start to release a puck. Benson scores twice. (Y/n), Mordecai and Rigby gasp. "Whoa." (Y/n) said.

Chong can't get the puck past Benson's goalie. "I see you've retained some of your skills. Too bad the game has changed." The ground around the table sections off and elevates. A pit of fire starts. The section tilts towards Chong. Chong laughs. The section tilts towards Benson. Benson slips and hangs off the edge, then pulls himself up. Benson quickly scores. Chong gasps and surrounds Benson with copies of himself and the table. His score increases. Benson disillusions the copies and goes into overdrive, scoring rapidly. He breaks the table and both of them fly onto the ground.

The scoreboard shows Home: 48, Away: 47, Period: 7, Time Remaining: 0:00. Later, (Y/n), Mordecai, Rigby, Benson and the stick hockey table. Later on Benson has the table set back up in the garage. "There you go, good as new." He said. "Thanks, Benson, we-" (Y/n) said, her tone apologetic. "Ah, ah, before you say anything else, I want to apologize for getting rid of your game.

I shouldn't have gone back on my word." Benson said. "That's cool." Mordecai said. "I guess I just didn't want to see you end up like me. Some dried-up loser stuck working at a park because he wasted his life playing stick hockey." Benson sad. "Yeah, totally." Rigby said. "So what do you say, wanna play a round?" Benson asked. "Ah, no, I think we're good. We should've trusted you, Benson." (Y/n) said. "We're going back to video games." Rigby said. "Later." The trio leave the garage, and Benson sighs. "Why do I even bother?"