Free Cake

"Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man! Guys, check it out! I found it in the trash in the back. Isn't it cool?" Rigby asked. Rigby brings a cracked plate decorated with a face and words SIMON KIPNER GODFATHER OF THE SOUL PATCH. "Dude, you gotta stop pulling stuff out of the trash. It's unnatural." Mordecai said. "Not to mention disturbing." (Y/n) said. "You're unnatural!" Rigby said,

ignoring (Y/n)'s comment. "Besides, this is different. It's a treasure from the past." He said. "It is a pretty sweet plate." Mordecai said. "We should put some food on this baby!" Rigby said. "Hmm, hmm. Agreed. You know what would look great on this plate? Chocolate cake!" (Y/n) said, and Rigby gasps. "Chocolate cake! You're a genius, (Y/n)!" Rigby said. "But how can we afford something as good as chocolate cake?" Rigby asked her. "Don't worry. I think I know where we can get one." (Y/n) said. (Y/n), Mordecai and Rigby are at the grocery store.

"Check it, guys. Cake mix. Add some water, slap it in the oven, pull that greasy pig out and BAM! You've got yourself a cake." Mordecai said as he grabs the cake mix. "I can't wait to eat that greasy pig. Wait, how much does it cost?" Rigby asked. (Y/n) looks at the box. "A buck fifty." She said. "Aaaargh!" The trio said. "I told you cake mix is too expensive." Rigby said. The trio soon try to go to a wedding. "Do you know the bride or the groom?" The doorman asked. "Uhhh.." Mordecai and Rigby said, and (Y/n) face palms. "The one with the cake?" Mordecai asked.

The doorman shuts the door. "Ugghhh!!" Mordecai and Rigby groan. "The one with the cake? Really? You couldn't have guessed an actual name?" (Y/n) asked in disbelief, and Mordecai glares at her. "You got any better ideas?" He asked. "Well..." she said. The trio go to the free store. "Yeah, we don't have cakes." The cashier said, and the trio groan again. "Yeah, great idea, (Y/n). Of course they're gonna have cake at the free store." Rigby said sarcastically. "Hey, at least my idea was better than breaking into a wedding for it." She snapped. Mordecai sighs.

"Well, I'm all out of ideas." He said. "Ooh! I got it! There's that chocolate cake at the snack bar!" Rigby said. "Uh Rigby, did you forget that Benson will only let you have it for free if it's your birthday?" (Y/n) asked. "Who's to say it's not my birthday?" Rigby asked. "Who's to say it's not my birthday?" Mordecai asked, and (Y/n) scoffs. "Good luck with this little scheme of yours." She said. "Free cake! Free cake!" The two said. "It's neither of your birthdays." Benson said. "Well, it could be (Y/n)'s." Rigby said. "And I know it's not hers either." Benson said. "Aw, man! He's killing us with that!" Rigby said.

"No cake. No cake." The two said sadly, and (Y/n) rolls her eyes. "But it is Skips' birthday." Pops said. (Y/n)'s eyes widened. "Wait, really?" She asked. "Free cake! Free cake!" Mordecai & Rigby said. "But he's really private about it." Benson said. "No cake. No cake." Mordecai & Rigby said sadly again. "Come to think of it, I don't think we've ever had a party for Skips." Benson said. "If memory serves, Skips secludes himself in the woods every year on the day of his birth." Pops said. "So, wait? You guys have never thrown a party for Skips?" (Y/n) asked.

"No." Benson said. "Dude, that sucks. Skips totally deserves a party." (Y/n) said. "And cake." Rigby interrupts her. "Whenever something goes wrong, it's Skips who fixes it. He's always there for us, no matter what. I bet Skips wants a party, but he's such a quiet guy he doesn't know how to ask. We owe him a party." (Y/n) said. "And also a cake." Rigby adds. "Woo! Good show, jolly good show! Benson, a soiree for Skips, what a crackerjack idea!" Pops said. "You're right. Fine. If you three get Skips on board, we'll throw a party for him." Benson said. "Oh, we know how to get him on board." Mordecai said. Later back at their house... "Okay. How will we get him on board?" He asked. "I thought you said you knew how." (Y/n) said. "He was lying, (Y/n). Oh, I know! Let's get a van." Rigby said.

~Rigby's imagination~

(Y/n), Mordecai and Rigby throw an unconscious Dream Skips into a van. "Happy birthday, Skips." Rigby said.