Mordecai shouted. "Yeah, seriously! You've been singing that obnoxious song all day, it's driving me crazy!" (Y/n) shouted. "I'm sorry, I can't help it, it's stuck in my head, and I can't get it out." Rigby said. "Well, for our sanity and yours, we gotta get that song outta there." Mordecai said. "Yeah, okay." Rigby said. Later the trio are in Mordecai and Rigby's room. "Okay, okay. I've got the perfect solution: Brain Explosion." Mordecai said. "What? You can't explode my brain. That's gotta be illegal."

Rigby said, and (Y/n) chuckles. "No, it's a band, idiot." She said. Rigby glares at her for a moment. "Oh, never heard of them." Rigby said. "They're not that good." (Y/n) said. "What? You don't know what you're talking about, (Y/n). But trust me, these guys are like real, real musicians. Just listen to some of this, and It will throw that poppy trash music right out of your head." Mordecai puts the CD in the stereo. The CD plays a triphoppy song, and Rigby and (Y/n) share a look.
"Wait, wait... Aw man, that's like the best part." Mordecai glares at Rigby sleeping. "Rigby!" He wakes up startled. "Lovin' in the summertime. What? Ah, I think your song just put me to sleep." He said, and (Y/n) chuckles. "Told ya." She said. Mordecai turns the stereo off. "Man, you two have no taste in music." He said. "Look, all I know is that this song is still stuck in my head." Rigby said.

"Alright, well, what if we sit down and listen to the entire summertime song beginning to end." Mordecai retrieves the summertime cassette from the trash. "That way your brain'll have closure and then it can move on." He puts the cassette into the stereo. "It's summertime and you know what that means. Gonna head down to the beach, gonna do some beachy things." The music plays. "I can't stand this, I'm gonna wait outside." Mordecai said. "Meet you out there Rigby." (Y/n) follows him out. "It's summertime and it feels just right. Gonna gather all my friends and we'll party through the night..."

Time Skip

Rigby is sitting on the bed, song is still playing. "Summertime lo-o-ovin'. Baby, why can't you be mine?"

Time Skip

Rigby is lying against the nightstand, the song is still playing. "Summertime lo-o-ovin'. Lovin' in the summertime." Rigby turns the tape off, Mordecai opens the door and he and (Y/n) come in. "Well, did it work?" Mordecai asked. "I think it worked, but I can't be sure. So maybe I should listen to the song a little bit more." Rigby said in the tune of the song. (Y/n) groans and face palms. "Oh no..." she said. "Aw, man! It's even worse now. Time to take a different approach." Mordecai said. The trio do various things to get the song unstuck, like sticking Rigby's head in a toilet,

using loud objects and finally Muscle Man hitting Rigby on the head with a broom. Rigby takes his helmet off. "Wait. Stop. Stop. It's not working. The stupid song's still stuck in my head." He said. "You have a song stuck in your head?" Muscle Man asked. Rigby throws the helmet at Muscle Man, much to his annoyance. Later the trio are in the duo's bedroom. "Guys, we're running out of options here. Let's see." (Y/n) said. The song starts playing. "Dude, turn it off, I'm trying to think." Mordecai said. "Dude, stop playing the tape we've already tried-" (Y/n) began. She and Mordecai turn and gasp. Rigby is floating with a purple beam coming out of his mouth and pupils dilated. He suddenly goes back to normal and the song stops playing. "Dude, what's wrong with you?!" Mordecai asked. "I don't-" Rigby floats again, then goes back to normal. "Know! I can't-" he floats again, then once again goes back to normal.

"Control it!" Rigby floats again. "We gotta find Skips." (Y/n) said. The trio go to see Skips. "Yeah, I've seen this before. Hold still." Skips holds floating Rigby and punches him. "Oww! What was that for?!" He asked. "You're not thinking about the song anymore, are you?" Skips asked. Skips and Mordecai laugh, until (Y/n) glares at them with causes them to stop. "Look, seriously, I don't know what's wrong with you. Just sleep it off, you'll probably forget about it in the morning." Skips said.