Chapter 17 Playing with Fire

The house where Shen Lin lives is very large, with a total of four floors.

The fourth floor is a large banquet hall. There is an elevator directly accessible from the first floor, which is rarely used. The open-air garden on the east side of the banquet hall has a good view, and Wen Ling has seen the stars there.

After Shen Lin told him that no one had ever set foot on the third floor, Wen Lingben imagined it as a very amazing and mysterious place.

After arriving, I discovered that the structure of the third floor is actually no different from the second floor.

There are no secrets on the third floor.

Shen Lin prohibits others from entering just because he is affected by Alpha's territorial awareness and does not like to be disturbed by outsiders.

However, the second floor is divided into functional rooms such as living room, guest room, tea room, and gym. Only Shen Lin is active on the third floor. Except for the bedroom and study room, the other rooms are basically used to place every generation of purifiers from Lingfeng Technology. It is convenient for Shen Lin to work.

Only the room at the end of the corridor is special. The door is made of fine steel with complicated craftsmanship and looks large and heavy.

After Wen Ling asked curiously, Shen Lin did not hide anything and said bluntly that this was a pheromone isolation place that every S+Alpha must prepare.

There is plenty of food and water inside, and the walls and doors can withstand attacks from Alpha pheromone bursts.

When the susceptible period comes, he will stay here for three to five days until it is over.

This was a common sense question. Wen Ling glanced at the door a few more times without daring to ask more, and followed Shen Lin directly to the study.

In this era, all books can be found through terminals. Human bases are very expensive. In order to save space, most people may not even be able to find a book at home, let alone a study room.

But Shen Lin specially set aside a large room to store physical books.

Rows of bookshelves are as high as the roof, and each floor is packed with books, leaving no gaps.

After Wen Ling entered the door, he looked around in surprise and turned around: "Wow... Sir, have you read so many books?"

"I haven't read too much." Shen Lin led him forward and said casually, "Collecting physical books is my father's hobby. I was raised by him alone, and the place where I spent the most time was the study room. I have been influenced by it since I was a child. This kind of atmosphere makes me feel comfortable and my work efficiency is relatively high."

"Oh - that's it." Wen Ling nodded clearly and asked smoothly, "What about your mother?"

"He passed away when I was very young," Shen Lin said.

Wen Ling just talked based on the extension of the family system in human society, without thinking too much about it.

After hearing Shen Lin's answer, he belatedly realized that he had mentioned something he shouldn't have mentioned, and nervously clenched his fists: "I'm sorry, sir, I shouldn't have asked this."

Shen Lin walked to the desk, turned on the computer, scanned the terminal to log in to his personal account, and did not show any displeasure.

"It's okay, don't worry about it."

Wen Ling originally wanted to know more about Shen Lin, but after the topic was over, even if Shen Lin said it didn't matter, he didn't dare to ask anymore. He was speechless for a moment and didn't know what to say. Better.