22: Baby Boy

Y/N POV

A few days have passed, and Chan and I have gotten much closer mentally and emotionally. Physically too. We still haven't labeled it as anything, but for right now I would call it friends with benefits.

There might be feelings involved, definitely on my part and his. The only problem is that we are trying to determine whether these feelings are valid or not. Are they temporary or are they just here given the circumstances? Although there's not much to take into factor, we still want to make sure what we are feeling is real before we officially start anything.

We have called Lee Know every night and kept him updated on everything. He looked suspicious of something, but I wanted to wait until he came to me rather than just straight up asking him. Other than that he said Aubrey has been bothering him the whole trip, but the business on the other hand is going well and his boss exposed him to a lot of good people.

On the other hand, I'm excited to finally not be carried around all the time. I mean I love the princess treatment, but I like my independence. Plus I feel like such a burden, but Lee Know said I have to stay off my feet until he gets back and he comes back tomorrow.

Me and Chan are doing a little welcome home party. Just the three of us, but still we are going to celebrate. I have been practicing making pudding, Lee Know's favorite food and Chan has been helping me.

I can cook, just the basics though. I definitely lost my touch due to Lee Know cooking for me all the time.

Me and Chan have been working on the recipes though. He has also helped me to make some of Lee Know's favorite foods, which we are still working on making it taste edible. To be honest we thought a lot about ordering the foods if it doesn't work out. 

Anyways Chan complained about me needing sun,  but I think either he was having withdraws from the waterfall or Lee Know texted him. Either way, he was determined to get me outside.

This man carried me outside, all the way down the steps, down the trail to the waterfall. I was on his back the whole time, but he didn't stop to catch his breath or take a break. He even talked the whole way there.

We got to the waterfall and he put me down on a rock and sat beside me.

"Chan, can I ask you a question?" I said.

"Sure," he replied.

" You know if it's too personal or you don't want to tell me or talk about it right now, you do not have to answer," I said reassuring him.

"I know," Chan replied.

"One of the first times I saw you when you were in the waterfall, I noticed the scar on your back. When we, you know what, I noticed a few more," I said.

"You want to know what happened?"

"Yes. If you're comfortable, but if not, I promise you don't have to tell me," I said making sure to keep reassuring him.

"I'm fine. It's fine. When I was little, someone broke into my house and murdered my mom and dad. My sister was at my grandmother's house at the time so she was fine. I basically played dead until they left, but they tortured me and that explains all of the scars,"

"You are speaking like it's no big deal? Are you okay?"

"Well I try not to attach emotion to the situation or else I'll be mentally stuck. But yeah, I'm okay. My grandparents blame me for it, not sure why, but me and my sister are still close,"

"I'm glad you worked through it and you still keep in touch with your sister, but goodness. That's very traumatic," I said lost for words.

"Yeah," Chan replied.