5: No Result

Y/N POV

As embarrassed as I am about what happened yesterday, at least I won't have to face him again. Lee Know dragged me into the living room for breakfast and to tell me about his background check on Chan.

"I'm telling you nothing came up. No birth records. No social media. No phone number, nothing," Lee Know said

"I mean I'm not surprised. The first time I saw him, I thought he was part animal,"

"I forgot about that,"

"I mean if you really want to know about him, we can go on the trail to the waterfall. I'm convinced he goes there every day," I slightly laughed.

" Let's go after we finish breakfast,"

"Wait, seriously? I offered as a joke,"

"You met him more than once, he was there for you, he looked like an animal the first time you saw him, and nothing is popping up when I look him up. I don't like how I don't know anything about him and he's been around you lately,"

"Lee Know, I don't know what to tell you other than I don't want to go,"

"Why not? You are going to leave me by myself to venture into the woods?"

"Have you forgotten about yesterday? I woke up okay because I was thinking that I didn't have to face him," I said.

" Okay, but he was there for you in the store, right? He waited with you until I got there. You don't want to thank him?"

I knew there was no way of convincing him to let me stay while he went, but I had to try. I really could not risk facing embarrassment two days in a row so I ran to my room to try to get away from him. Right before I was about to close the door, he caught it, leaving me sulking in defeat. I sat on the bed and pouted while he picked out my outfit.

I really did not want to go, so I refused to get changed and do my hair, to which Lee Know threatened me. I got changed and he ended up just tying my hair up. He put my shoes on me and dragged me out the door. Trying to be as big of a baby as I could so I could stay home, I hung on the door until he tried to pull me off. I bit his hand without thinking to get him off of me.

Only then did I realize what I had done. Running down the stairs Lee Know chased me yelling that he was going to get me back.

"Let's make a deal, I don't want to run anymore," I yelled while keeping my distance.

"Fine. How about you massage my feet for the rest of the week," Lee Know smirked.

He knows I hate feet with a passion. I cannot stand on my own feet. I won't wear sandals or flip-flops because I just hate feet.

"No way I'm rubbing those dogs," I yelled back.

"Hey, you wanted a deal,"

"Fine, but you have to wash them before I do anything,"

"Deal"

"Okay now hurry up," I said.

We continued walking down the trail until we finally reached the waterfall. I faced palmed.

"Last time I came early, he wasn't here and I had to wait for him," I said.

"You what? You came here and waited for him?" Lee Know said shocked and slightly offended.

"Umm, that's definitely not what I said,"

" I don't know whether to be mad because you waited for some guy alone or happy because you listened and went outside,"

"You should definitely be happy," I said smiling trying to convince myself out of a scolding.

We see Chan heading toward us, but he didn't wear what he usually did when I saw him out here. He was In a black wife pleaser with black baggy sweatpants.

Lee Know noticed he was near.

"We will talk about this when we get back," he said.

Saved by the bell, kind of?

"Um Hi, what are you guys doing up here?" Chan said awkwardly.

"We came to say thank you for staying with y/n yesterday and I came because I couldn't find anything about you when I searched you up," Lee Know said bluntly.

"Lee Know," I whispered, trying to get him to shut up. I yanked him beside me.

"Thank you for yesterday. I'm sorry you had to see me like that," I said.

" It's fine. It's not like you haven't seen me in a situation you're not supposed to, I mean something you're not supposed to" Chan said.

Lee Know raised his eyebrows, completely misunderstanding what was coming out of Chan's mouth.

Chan realized how he sounded and tried to make it better.

"I mean, we're even I guess?" he said.

"Yeah we're even," I laughed.

"So you guys searched me?" Chan asked.

" He did, I was asleep," I said pointing to Lee Know.

"Yeah, what is up with that? No trace of you is on the internet. That's kind of creepy," Lee know said.

"Really?" Chan said, taking out his phone and searching for his name up.

"It's coming up on here," Chan said showing his phone to us.

Lee Know checked the search bar. 'Bang Chan'

He then turned and flicked my forehead.

"Yah, what was that for?" I said rubbing my forehead.

"His name is Bang Chan, not Ban Chan stupid," Lee Know said.

We ended up finding a log nearby and sitting down. Lee Know kept asking Chan questions and to my surprise, Chan didn't get irritated. My patience was running out and I was bored as hell. I played in the dirt with a stick while the two love birds talked to each other. About an hour passed and I was getting sleepy. I leaned my head on Lee Know's back to which he paid no attention.

I decided to get up and go play in the water. I'm not about to sit here for another hour listening to them talk.

Chan POV

Lee Know was asking a lot of questions. I was happy to talk to someone, but I noticed y/n weren't included in the conversation. It was hard keeping my attention on Lee Know. My eyes kept drifting to her drawing flowers in the dirt. I was relieved when she leaned on Lee Know. She looked like she was tired and I was hoping she would fall asleep so I could stop feeling bad about not including her in our conversation.

I was exchanging numbers with Lee Know when I noticed y/n was no longer beside us.

"Where did y/n go?" I asked.

His eyes started scanning the area trying to spot her. Lee Know told me to look down the trail to see if she went back home, but I couldn't see anybody. I walked back to Lee Know shaking my head to signal she wasn't there.

"Let me try calling her," Lee Know said.

We heard a ringing by the log that was soon followed by screaming.

"Y/n"