4: Scavenge

Y/N POV

It's been a few days since I first met Chan and I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I haven't told Lee Know because he's been extremely busy this week. He calls right before he goes to bed to check if I'm okay, but then he knocks right out before I can say anything else.

With Lee Know being so busy, I've run out of food and have no one to go grocery shopping for me. I can't order food because no place delivers this far. Leaving me with no choice but to scavenge on my lonesome.

I drag myself to the closet picking out a long skirt and tank top. I write down a grocery list and plan the fastest route to get in and out as quickly as possible. When I'm done I grab my things and head for the door, cursing at whatever is making Lee Know so busy.

I reach the grocery store and park my car getting out.

You got this y/n. In and out. You got this.

I encourage myself before I head into the store. I grab a cart and move as fast as I can down every aisle grabbing what I need. I hear my name being called as I am looking for the muffin mix.

"Y/n?" Chan called.

I looked over in his direction as he started to walk towards me. I notice everyone else looking around landing their eyes on me, curious to see who was called.

"Didn't expect to see you around," he said.

"Yeah, me either," I replied nervously as I switched eye contact back and forth between him and the people surrounding me.

"I wanted to apologize for our last meeting. I'm sorry you had to see me like that but I promise I'm not a pervert. I wear clothes see? Y/n?"

"Yeah, it's okay" I replied quickly as I was starting to run short of breath.

"I promise I'm not a weirdo, it's just a long story to explain and I don't know how to explain it without me sounding like I'm a weirdo. You see the helmet I made is- y/n? Y/n are you okay?"

Chan notices me short of breath no longer making eye contact with him. I can feel my face turn a deep red and it adds heat to my body temperature. I slowly bring my hands up to cover my face as Chan sees me shaking.

"Lee Know" I whisper.

"Y/n are you okay"

"Get Lee Know," I say in between breaths.

Not knowing what to do Chan pulls me into his arms shoving my head into his chest. He holds his arms around me, shielding me from the burning looks of everyone. Before the scene started to grow, he led me outside and into the small alley close by.

"I need Lee Know"

"Who is Lee Know? Where are they?" Chan answered.

Still panicked I searched for my phone before pulling it out of my bag and shakingly dialed Lee Know's number.

"Hello Y/n?" Lee Know answered.

I said nothing and collapsed to the ground crying and shaking violently.

"Y/n stay on the phone okay I'm on my way. I'm coming to you okay? I'm on my way. It's going to be okay"

Lee Know reassured me, trying to calm me down until he got there.

Not knowing what to do Chan tried to console me, patting my back.

"I'm here y/n, I'm coming," Lee Know said.

Not long after he appeared at the entrance of the alley, getting the wrong idea and thinking the worst, he grabbed Chan and punched him to the ground. Grabbing a pole that was nearby he held it up ready to hit Chan.