9: Caretaker

MATURITY WARNING

CHAN POV

I was watching tv when I got a text from Lee Know asking if I was home. After replying, I soon hear a knock on my door. I open it to see Lee Know.

"Hey, how have you been?" I asked.

"Good, but I need to ask for a favor," Lee Know said.

"Yeah, sure. What's up?"

"I'm going on a business trip in a few days and I needed someone to check up on Y/n while I am gone,"

"Oh, yeah. I can do that," I said.

"But y/n hurt her ankle this morning and now she's supposed to stay off her feet,"

My heart dropped hearing that y/n got hurt.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"Yes, she's fine now, but instead of having someone check up on her every day, I need someone to stay with her since she's hurt. I know this is a lot to ask since we haven't known each other for long, but you are the only other person that I can think of. Plus, she's getting more and more comfortable around you, so I know it wouldn't be a problem for her, and she hasn't been feeling drained when you are around. I know this is a big favor, but there's no one else that I can ask," Lee Know looked at me with pleading.

My heart warmed hearing that y/n felt comfortable around me. I didn't mind staying with y/n, but I have work so I would have to leave her alone every day.

" I might be able to, but I have work. I could ask my boss if I could work remotely on the days you are gone. When is your business trip?" I asked.

"It's in 3 days and I'll be gone for at least a week. I know it's cutting it close, but I didn't know that she would get hurt before I would have to leave," Lee Know answered.

" Okay, hold on let me call my boss now,"

I called my boss explaining that my friend had gotten hurt and I would be staying with them for the next week. She gave me the option of using my vacation days or working remotely. I saved my vacation days for emergencies only so I had plenty. If she would have told me that I couldn't work remotely, I would've asked to use my vacation days, but she's very understanding and good at working with people. She is happy as long as the work is done efficiently and the environment is good and safe.

"She said I could work remotely. She's pretty flexible with our schedules. But is Y/n okay with this? I mean me staying over?" I asked.

"She doesn't want to be a burden so she whined at first about it, but she knows I'm doing what is best for her," Lee Know answered.

"So she knows that I'm going to be staying over?"

"No, I had to ask first," he chuckled.

"Oh, sorry about leaving so early this morning, I meant to text you, but I forgot," I said.

"That's okay. We just figured you had things to do. If you want, you can come over later again,"

"Sure and I'll bring food since you guys cooked last time, but I want to cook for you guys one day," I said.

" Well we can come over tomorrow and you can cook if you want," Lee Know suggested.

"Just let me know what you want me to cook and everything so I can prepare,"

"I will. Alright well, let me get back to y/n before she falls and hurts herself more. Text me and let me know when you are headed over,"

"I will take care of y/n. Bye,"