2: Stupid Subconscious

Y/N POV

The sunlight was shining in the perfect spot. Perfect enough to show the water glistening as it ran down from his neck to his toned stomach. He threw his head back as he let the wind overtake him. The wet cloth that covered his member wavered as it struggled to hide what was underneath. My eyes travel to his muscular thighs as I feel myself biting my lip. He let a satisfied moan while I tried to hold mine in. I squeeze my legs together as I watch him from afar. The way he is one with nature, standing in the middle of the water with most of himself exposed. He does nothing and yet I struggle to hold myself back. I scratch my hand along the tree I hide behind trying to calm myself. I look back up and-

I wake up shocked at what my mind had just imagined. I sit up quickly holding my head speechless. Then I remembered Lee Know, I quickly looked to my side to find the bed empty. I let out a relieved sigh. Sometimes when I have wet dreams I fear that I moan or say something in my sleep. I know that I and Lee Know have been friends since forever, but that would be so embarrassing.

I get up and go to the bathroom throwing water on my face then slapping myself as hard as I can.

"Never. I mean never imagine such a thing with such a creature again!" I say pointing at myself in the mirror.

I don't know how I was able to capture that many details about this thing when I only saw it for a split second before I ran. I take a quick shower in hopes of clearing my mind. After I finished brushing my teeth and picking out my outfit, I headed to the kitchen hoping to find some food.

Nope. No food here. I mean there's food. Cereal. Noodles. Turkey Sandwich. Nothing sounds good to me right now. Usually, Lee Know would find something and leave me a plate before he left, but I guess he was running late. I guess I'll have to skip breakfast.

I get out my art supplies ready to 'doodle' until I'm satisfied with the outcome.

I start daydreaming as my hand continues to paint whatever it wants.

There's a concept that I've been thinking about ever since I was young and I wonder how it doesn't work on Lee Know. People are so gullible and believe almost everything if it is presented in a serious professional manner. We find out more and more about the world every day so if I were to tell everyone that butterflies give off a certain chemical when they feel threatened it has been found to lead to cancer later on in life. This is believable because some insects do give off chemicals to protect themselves and almost everything now leads to cancer. The only problem I have with this theory is the mass spreading of misinformation. It can lead to panic and more killing of butterflies. Places that benefit from an exhibit of butterflies could lose money. It's so crazy how something so simple can turn most of the world upside down and they wouldn't believe that the information is false. If NASA told us that a meteor was going to hit the Earth in a week, everyone would believe this, why? Because it's told from a credible, professional place. It's scary how the higher-ups hold so much power over

"WHAT THE HELL!" I screamed.

I dropped my paintbrush and got up rushing to the kitchen and knocking over my paint water in the process. Dissociating while painting allows my subconscious to paint what's in the back of my mind and things like that, BUT THIS? This is unacceptable. I run to the bathroom throwing water on my face and slapping myself for having thoughts about this thing once again

First I dream about it and now my subconscious paints it. You got to be fucking me right now.

I take a deep breath while screaming internally. I get on all fours and clean up the mess I made after looking at this disaster of a painting.

"How am I going to fix this? Do I start over?"

After putting so much work into it, I decided to paint over the creature so that the canvas just displays nature, nothing else. But still, you could see the creature through the paint. The honey-colored skin, the veins that ran down his arms. I wouldn't say I like it. I took my lighter from the counter and burned over the place on the canvas.

Although this made a hole and burn mark on my work, creativity is something that saves me every time. I can give a message to any piece of art I make, regardless of the actual process. I wrote a poem about how humans are destroying the world and how we need to stop before it ruins everything beautiful. I made the burnt hole a little bigger and glued the paper with the poem to the back of the canvas. Done.

Satisfied with my work, I took a picture of it to send to Lee Know for his feedback. He is brutally honest but balances every critic with a compliment. Although I wouldn't change my work, it shows me new perspectives on how I can create things. Just as I am about to send the message, I hear a knock at the door.

I go to open it but pause when I hear a low growl. Yeah, no. I grab my phone and run to my room closing the door behind me. Hiding under the bed I hear footsteps coming closer.

How did it get in? I scramble to call Lee Know then suddenly the room door busted open.

"Rawr!" Lee Know yells.

I scream then realize it was Lee Know this whole time. He starts laughing even though he knows I almost peed my pants. Grabbing the pillow, I hit him on his back and he fell down laughing. Mad I stomp out the room, going to the bathroom to calm myself down and throw water on my face.

" I brought food," Lee Know says outside the door.

"What kind?"

"Pancakes from IHOP," Lee Know said.

I come out of the bathroom still a little mad at Lee Know for doing such a thing after knowing how scared I was.

"I was almost late this morning for work so I couldn't make anything, but I'm here on my lunch break to make it up," Lee Know said

"As you should"

Lee Know kicked me and then asked what I'd been up to.

"I was trying to show you the piece I just finished before you tried to make me sh*t my pants. But anyway let's eat in the living room so you can see it.

I explained the meaning behind the poem and the painting as I ate my pancakes. Lee Know listened attentively and after I was finished, he told me his input. He enjoyed the piece but told me to call him over the next time I wanted to play with fire like I couldn't handle myself. We talked some more until it was time for him to go back to work.

He didn't forget to tell me to go outside and get some 'sun and exercise'. He threatened that I either had to go out by myself or go grocery shopping with him, which he knew I would automatically turn down. Although I try to lie to Lee Know, I wouldn't about these things because he's concerned. I'd rather do it for Lee Know than lie to his face about it. I have certain rules when it comes to lying just for Lee Know. Everyone else, you get a lie and you get a lie, everybody gets a lie.

I get ready to face the outdoors again, dreading every moment of it.

"Lee Know, I'm only doing this for you, so you better be grateful,"

Walking outside I let my feet take me where they want to go. Big Mistake. My subconscious has only caused me trouble today, but it's a big part of my life. The struggles I have to go through.

Of course, I am brought back to the stupid trail. I'm not that worried about encountering that man-creature thing because ain't no way it goes to the waterfall all the time, but hasn't been seen by anybody else.

And just to my luck, there it was, just like it was the day before. Just like how it was in my dream. Just like how I painted it. It stood there taking in its surroundings. Listening to the water fall and crash then feeling it move around him. Everything was the same, except the sun shone on its back revealing a large scar that laid across the waves of muscle. The shadow darkened his features making it hard to tell what animal the head was. But that wasn't what was on my mind.

I stood there hiding behind a tree watching him, wondering how he got that scar and who had done it. Who caused the creature such pain and why?

I walked back to my apartment with these questions running through my mind.

"Who hurt you?"