6: Neighbor?

CHAN POV

"Y/n" me and Lee Know yell running towards the screaming.

I saw her by the water and started running towards her. As soon as she saw me she jumped in my arms forcing me to hold her up. She kept screaming and looking at the ground completely terrified.

Lee Know finally found us, he bent over out of breath trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

"Y/n what's wrong? What is it?," he asked patting her back while I held her in my arms.

Just then I saw a baby frog jump on Lee Know and y/n completely freaked out almost making me drop her. She had her legs wrapped around me but was moving like something was on her.

"Frogs," Lee Know laughed.

I looked at him confused, but he just told me to go back to the trail. Y/n had her face dug into my chest and a strong grip on my shirt as if she was trying to pull it up and cover her eyes.

She looked like a baby. Although I am still concerned about what's wrong, I can't help but smile to myself at how cute she looks right now.

"Sorry to tell you, but she won't get down until she's back at home, so you're going to have to carry her all the way there,"

We got back to the trail pathway and Lee Know was telling me how y/n is scared of frogs. No good reason, just a regular fear. He said she would be okay once we got to her place, she would just be cringing for the rest of the day.

"So where do you guys stay?" I asked.

"Oh, we don't live together. She stays at Berry Apartments and I live on Wicker's Street," Lee Know said.

"Wait, I live in Berry's Apartments too. I just moved in last month,"

"You're kidding," he said.

"No for real, I'll show you my place after we get y/n settled,"

We got to the apartments and ended up heading in the same direction as my place.

"It would be crazy if we lived in the same building," I say and to my surprise, we do, not only that but she lives right next door.

We go into y/n's place and she comes back to reality. I can tell she is embarrassed because her face is bright red.

"Are you okay now?" I ask.

"Yes. Thank you...again," Y/n said.

"Y/n, Chan lives next door," Lee Know said changing the subject.

"What? Next door?!" Y/n said shocked.

"Yep," I said.

"Like next door, next door? or like the same building next door?" she asked.

"Next door as in right beside you," I say chuckling.

"You're lying," I say.

"Nope, he showed me his keys and everything," Lee Know said.

"How long have you been living here?" she asked.

" I moved here I think about a month ago,"

"You're kidding," she said, but right after her stomach growled. She quickly looked at Lee Know and pouted. He rolled his eyes.

"That's my cue to make some food, Chan did you want some?" Lee Know said.

"No I'm okay, I should get going. I have some paperwork that's due tomorrow that I need to finish," I said.

Y/n looked slightly disappointed at my answer.

Y/N POV

As embarrassing as it is, he has helped me twice. Plus I feel extremely bad for him having to carry me all the way back and up a flight of stairs.

"How about we set up another time for you to come over? I'll make dinner and we can play some games," Lee Know suggested.

"I think that'll work. Just text me and we will figure out a time," Chan said.

"Text me your favorite foods and what you're allergic to so I can figure out what to make," Lee Know said.

"Okay, I will," Chan said and started to head out.

"Bye Chan," Lee Know said.

"Bye Lee Know, take care Y/n," he said.

"Wait I don't have your number,"

" I'll give it to her," Lee Know said.

We waved goodbye.

"I am so proud of you. You asked for his number. Usually, you wouldn't say anything, but you spoke up today," Lee Know said giving me head pats.

"Thank you for changing the subject earlier, I could feel that my anxiety was about to kick in," I replied.

"Was it okay that I invited him over for dinner? I saw your expression after he said he had to leave and thought that was what you wanted to do," Lee Know said.

" I wanted to at least treat him to something. He had to carry me back and up the stairs. I'm glad you received my telepathy message," I said smiling.

" Now I want you to try and socialize with him," Lee Know said.

My smile faded as I thought of how drained I was going to be.

"At least text him. After we hang out a few times and I am comfortable with him being alone with you. I want you to invite him over or go over there or even go on the trail with him. You don't have to go far, you don't have to leave the house if you don't want you. But you have to at least socialize with him okay," he said.

"Okay, I'll try," I said dreading the contact.