26

Robyn's POV
Home
May 23

I truly never thought I'd want kids, but looking after Kross had me completely reconsidering.

Of course, Zamora was the child that triggered it all, but Kross really solidified it for me because I spent so much time with him.

Lauren and Ermias had been in a baecation since the 20th, so they trusted Solange and I with their son.

I was loving it.

I remember years prior, being asked by Beyoncé if I ever wanted to have kids and I told her 'I think so'.

"You can't beat me." I said to him as we wrestled.

He was trying really hard, so I loosened up on him. "I can beat you, Bynnie."

I began tickling him which made him giggle profusely.

"W-Wait!" He managed to shout between laughs.

I pecked his cheek as I stopped attacking him with tickles. His little face was red by now from laughing and moving around.

"You're so fun!" He chirped.

"Thank you very much, KK." I smiled and we sat up against the couch. "You're the coolest 6 year old that I know from New York."

Actually, he was born in California because that's where Lauren was at the time.

"I need to do this hair of yours." I muttered as I ran a hand through his thick curls. "What style do you want, K-man?"

"I want the two braids going back." He instructed. "And the side has to be short."

"It has to be?" I mimicked and he let out a giggle. "Is that all?"

"Mhm." He nodded. "You gotta get them too."

"I don't know about all that, but I'll settle for two braids."

So that's what I did. I washed his hair and made sure it was healthy and all. Then I took him to the barbershop, next to the salon.

They gave him the fade he asked for and then I ended up braiding the top for him, the way he wanted.

"What should we get for dinner?" I asked after buckling him back in my car. "Yo mama be feeding you Caribbean food?"

"Not really." He shook his head. "My GG and Poppa from my mommy make me kosher food. It taste real good."

"So you're part-time Jewish?" I playfully asked. "I learn something new everyday." After remarking that, I went back to the original topic. "I'm taking you to Barbados for dinner."

"Again?! We were there in February."

"Just for that comment, I'm taking you there for real when me and Langie we move down there."

That what he called Solange.

Solange was very passionate about moving to Barbados to start her foundation. I would stand 10 toes behind her if that's what she truly wanted.

I just wanted one small thing in return.

The front door opened and shut, then followed by some sluggish steps.

Kross was asleep, against my chest. He'd been out for 20 minutes and I could tell that he'd logged out for the night.

"Hey, babe." I turned my head, seeing her walking my way.

Solange grinned, stopping behind the couch. I tilted my head back and she leaned down to meet me in a kiss.

"Hi, baby." She replied, then her eyes landed on Kross. "Let me go clean myself up and we can catch up."