3

Onika's POV
OTMK
February 8

"I love our monthly dates." Brandy raised her glass and we all did the same. We clinked our glasses before drinking from them.

"We should go out once every 2 weeks." Kelly said, placing her glass down.

"How will that work?" I asked.

"Well, Onika. There's a thing called making time." Destiny sassed.

"Coming from the girl not tied down and without kids." Brandy joked and we all laughed.

"Being the CEO of Ivy Park isn't that easy, you know." Destiny gave us all the stank eye before drinking her wine. One of my waiters came over and I gave him the regular order for the girls.

It was nice having my own restaurant because it was the perfect place to host our sister dates. Our attention gravitated to Solange and Robyn as they approached the table.

"Hi." I stood and hugged the both of them. "Is Lauren not with y'all?"

"She refused to third wheel and went to leave Kross at mama's house." Solange explained.

"Ok." I responded and sat back down. Everyone else at the table hugged them before we were all seated.

We waited to commence the actual date until Lauren got here. She came late, but fashionably late. The way she looked excused her timing.

"So, what were y'all talking about?" She asked after getting seated.

"How lucky Destiny is." Kelly spoke.

Destiny sent a side eye to Kelly. "Y'all just hate sing- I mean black, childless women." Destiny shook her head.

No one else caught onto the way she cut herself off, so I kept my questions to myself.

"You'll always be a spoilt little sister to me." Solange remarked.

"And whose fault is that?" Destiny cupped her ear and turned so we could all look at it. "All of y'all's fault."

"She's not lying." I sighed. I definitely remember spending lots of money on her. "No matter how many kids we all have, Des will always be the baby girl of the family."

"I'm glad you know." She tilted her wine glass in my direction.

Eventually, the food came and we dug in.

The girls all enjoyed it because all that could be heard were satisfied hums as they indulged in their plates. My face ached from how hard I smiled at their enjoyment. All of my work wasn't worth it if the people I loved weren't happy.

"Let's take a trip sometime." Solange suggested.

"You mean the annual family trip?" Kelly asked.

Solange nodded her head. "It still hasn't been decided where we're going."

"Let's just go to Sweden." Robyn suggested. "I don't think any of us have ever been there."

"I agree with, Rob." Lauren put her hand up and sipped her water.

I chuckled at the fact that she was drinking water. Her gaze shifted to me and I stopped laughing.

I cleared my throat and picked at my salad.

She was definitely pregnant. I could bet every penny I had on the fact that she was, but that was another discussion.

"So Sweden it is?" Destiny confirmed.

"Yes." Brandy nodded her head. "Will you make it this year, Nicki?"

"Uh...yes." I skeptically responded. I really couldn't confirm.