24

Beyoncé's POV
Hospital
May 19

I was finally leaving the hospital today.

"Look at you, moving around." I heard from behind me.

It was Nia looking at me like a proud parent. Her body was leaned against the door frame as she watched me pack the few things I had into a small bag.

"I know you're sad that I'm leaving." I fake pouted and turned back to what I was doing.
"Hopefully you find a new patient to like as much as you liked me."

"Quite literally impossible." She laughed. "Not all of my patients challenge me to a wheelchair race on their first day of physical therapy."

"What? That was a good ice breaker."

We both went silent as I finished packing. Then I turned for a final goodbye. I really liked her, she had a lifetime invitation to any Knowles function.

"Keep up with your medications. Ok?" She told me when I got close enough to her. "You have 4 kids, you'll need all the energy you can get to chase them around."

"I will pop those pills everyday. Don't worry." I waved her off then pulled her into a hug. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." She hugged me back. "Don't forget your checkups."

"And miss an opportunity to see you? Nah." I joked as we pulled away. "I'll be in for checkups though."

"That's great." She smiled. "Goodbye, Beyoncé."

"Goodbye, Nia." I waved and walked down the hallway.

I took myself all the way to the lobby where I got everything I needed before signing my discharge papers.

When I got outside, I was met by Julius. I could see him trying to stay serious and hide his smile. That all went out of the window when I pulled him into a tight hug. He instantly wrapped his arms around me.

"Looking good, Bey." He told me once we'd pulled away.

"You don't look a day over however old you are." I patted his shoulder and he laughed.

He opened the back of the Maybach, waiting for me to get in before shutting the door. Once I was seated, he closed the door and walked around the car to sit beside me. Joseph was driving, which is why Julius sat with me.

I made him reroute Joseph to another address.

Like I'd mentioned before, I was going to stay at that new house for a little bit. I wasn't sure when the renovations would be done. It was a big house, way bigger than the one that Onika was currently at.

Onika didn't know about this second house. Not yet. But her visions for her dream house were all over that house. There was just a lot more that needed to be done to make it a family home.

When Joseph drove up the driveway, a smile settled on my face. The exterior looked good so far.

The car parked just in front of the house before it stopped running. Julius hopped out before I did and he helped me out.

I shook my legs out for a second before walking around the plot.

According to Nia, legs cramps would haunt me for a few months.

"Phone." I stuck my hand out and he handed me the device. "Thanks."

I went to my contacts to see how fast I could get my contractor on the line. I started calling him as we walked inside the house. The floors hadn't even been chosen yet.