1

Please comment & vote (I love reading your comments😭😭)

Onika's POV
Home
February 3

My sleep was interrupted by the blaring of my alarm. I jolted out of my previous position, preparing to start my day.

Once my eyes had opened, I released a sigh. Mornings with four children were very long if things went out of routine. Luckily I had a nanny to help with all that stress.

I yawned and stretched before finally getting out of my bed. Then I slipped on my morning shoes and walked over to the bathroom. My hygiene routine was like muscle memory so I completed that in less than 10 minutes.

When I was done with myself, it was time to start the real morning routine. I braced myself for a load of work related messages and emails to my phone and MacBook.

I skimmed through a few things and responded to the things sent to me. I found tranquility in my morning catch up. Especially with a house this quiet.

That silence was immediately disrupted by the twins bursting into my room. They stood by my door arguing for a few minutes as I ignored their antics. Eventually, I was involved in their disagreement.

"Mani took my school hoodie." Cavalli complained and pointed to what her brother was holding. "Tell him to wear his own."

"This one's mine, mommy." Armani rebutted. "Cav left hers in the laundry room."

Cavalli folded her arms and turned to her brother. "Did not."

"Did too." Armani responded.

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Di-"

"Cavalli, that's your brothers hoodie. So stop it." I interrupted her before she could say anything. "Go get yours and stop arguing with each other."

"Sorry, mommy." They both apologised in unison before leaving the room. I sighed and went back to what I'd been doing.

Not even a minute later, Zamora entered my room. I could tell by the sigh that left her body that she was about to complain about something.

"Do I have to go to school? Why can't I just go to dance and study at home?"

My eyes left my laptop screen and I looked at her. "We've been doing this pleading thing every morning this week and now it's Friday. I've said no each time. You will go to school and that's it. Go get ready for school, Zamora." I told her and looked back down at my laptop.

She left with a huff.

"Fix that attitude, young lady." I said loud enough for her to hear.

Ever since she started teenagehood, she became easily irritable. It was like everything I said triggered a reaction from her.

I missed when she was a kid—who I didn't have to worry about doing the wrong thing. Overall, she was still that kid, there were just way more layers to her now.

I shook my head and finished what I'd been doing. Then I headed to the kitchen, where Mary was making breakfast. Each kid liked different things, which is why I didn't make the breakfast.

"Morning, Mary." I sighed and picked up my readymade coffee. I was going to assume Mary made it for me. If not, then it might've been the nanny.

"Good morning, Nicki." She cheerfully greeted. "Did you get enough rest?"

"Sort of." I shrugged as I sipped on my beverage.

I checked my Apple watch and I had an hour to be at work. So all I had to do was make sure the kids left the house.