16

Onika's POV
Hospital
March 13

"Hi, Beyoncé." I entered the hospital room.

I was happy that she settled into the hospital quickly. Especially after her having a fainting spell, then breaking out in hives after landing in Houston. Her body had a hard time adjusting to the climate for the first few hours, but over the past few days she's been way better.

She sat up and smiled. When she pointed to her throat, I knew she couldn't speak.

"They gave you that vocal therapy stuff already?" I questioned and she nodded her head. "Can you eat?"

She made a gesture for water and I handed her my bottle of water. She took a few gulps before clearing her throat.

"So?" I rushed her to speak.

"Damn, can't even wait a second." She rasped. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to check up on you." I closed the door behind myself.

"Isn't that sweet." She put a fake smile on her face.

"Oh shut up." I laughed. "Are you allowed to eat outside food? I smuggled in some Popeyes?"

"Nah, they're still focused on my nutrition. So no fast food for a while." She sighed.

"That's good." I said, sitting down in the chair next to her bed.

"Kelly told me you have a very successful restaurant."

"Don't get me started. The restaurant is my fifth baby." I pouted. "That's the first place you're eating at when you're out."

"Kelly also tells me you're a workaholic." Beyoncé added.

"Kelly tells you a lot, doesn't she?" I sarcastically remarked. "I wouldn't say I'm a workaholic."

I've been restricted from working as hard as I did.

"So what do you call it? A distraction? A hobby? You are a workaholic and you overwork yourself." Beyoncé said.

"Beyoncé, stop worrying about me. You're literally in a hospital bed."

"You're still my beautiful, stubborn wife." She beamed. Her smile made me smile. "How are our children?"

"They're good. I still haven't told them that you're...here." I said.

"Because you still haven't accepted it yet."

"What do you mean?"

"You haven't let yourself register the fact that I'm here in the flesh." She repeated and took another sip of the water.

"Well, I've definitely registered it by now." I responded. I finally opened the bag of Popeyes and started munching.

I barely got Popeyes these days because I'd been strictly eating healthier food. I only bought it for Beyoncé but she couldn't even eat it, so I did. It was like going down memory lane.

"Why are you eating it so proper?" Beyoncé started laughing which escalated to her coughing. I went to buzz for the nurse but she waved her hand for me not to. She beat on her chest, so she could breathe. "I'm ok."

"There's no such thing as 'eating proper'."

"If you say so." She shrugged. "Now tell me about my babies, to jog my memory."