29

Beyoncé's POV
Nicki's House
May 30

Tonight, Onika was hosting a family dinner at the house. Everyone that could come was invited, so the house was about to be packed.

After a conversation with Trent, he told me that mama stopped hosting family dinners at her house and that she had Onika take over that duty—since she had been too sick to do it.

Now she was much healthier, but decided that it was best for Onika to continue.

"Mama, you have to sit next to me." Cavalli entered the sitting room, where I'd been relaxing.

She climbed over the couch before settling in my lap. I wrapped my arms around her as I gently kissed her head.

"Just you?"

"Mhm." She nodded her head. "Mani's sitting next to me."

"Who gets to sit on my other side?"

"No one." Her brows knitted as she looked into my eyes. "I'm your favourite."

"Of course you are." I gleamed.

The best thing I could do was tell all of my kids that they were my favourites.

If I was being honest, I had favourites depending on which child I was with at the time. Every parent had the same logic.

"When do we get to eat? I'm starving and mommy kicked me outta the kitchen."

"Well," I reached over to the armrest where my phone sat, "I believe we have a half hour before we can eat."

"That's so long." Her head fell back and I quickly placed my hand behind her head, so she wouldn't hit it on the arm rest of the couch.

"Be careful, bubba."

"Can you play with me?" She huffed.

"You can't play with Maní or Noah?" I asked, listing off her age mates.

"They're boys." Her arms crossed. "You're a girl."

"Ok, Cav." I chuckled. "So what do you want to do?"

"Go to the pet store." She grinned. "I want a bunny."

"Let's do something inside the house."

She went silent as she thought about what was fun inside the house. As she was deep in thought, more people entered the sitting room. It was the kids.

"Hi, mama." Nilaya tiredly plopped down beside me, which made Cavalli side-eye her.

I didn't understand their little rivalry, but I just assumed it was like how Destiny and I used to disagree.

"Hi, cupcake." I threw my free arm over her. "What were you up to?"

"Titan and Jordyn asked me to film their video and Mora was showing me some stuff she bought for me."

"And I wasn't invited?" I fake gasped.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think about that. But I can ask Mora, Jo and Ty to-"

"Baby, it's ok. I was just pulling your leg."

Nilaya looked at me with a sheepish grin on her face. It clear to see she just appreciated my time.

"How's my little hooper?" I asked her, whilst sitting up so Cavalli could rest her head in the crook of my neck.

"I have a game next week." She beamed.

"That's exciting." I replied. "I will be right there on the sidelines to cheer you on, with everyone else."

"It's munch time, y'all!" Jordyn entered the room, wrangling everyone up. "Last one to the table will probably starve."