10

Onika's POV
OTMK
February 25

"I want to expand the restaurant." I expressed to everyone in my conference room. "I'm willing to buy that building next door."

"The building next door isn't selling." My CFO spoke up.

"But I'm buying." I sighed. "That soap store isn't going anywhere, and hasn't been entered by the masses in a while."

"We know, but they won't sell." My chief advisor said. "It's also quite premature if you're also thinking about opening up in Austin."

"Guys, I'll be honest with you." I massaged my temples as I leaned my elbows on the table. "I'm not having the best day. I just want to find a middle ground, as of now." I looked around the room. "Can someone help me find the middle ground?"

"We may need to up the offer for the building next door." My advisor suggested. "That's all we can do for now, to get them on board. Then we can negotiate at a later date."

"Thank you." I sighed with relief. "Please schedule a meeting with whoever they can get a hold of for that building because I need it." I spoke towards my secretary.

"Will do." She nodded her head, noting down what I said.

"Is that all for today?" My eyes darted around the room.

"It is, Mrs Knowles."

"Thank y'all so much." I stood to my feet.

It was clear that I stood up too fast because my head began to spin for a second.

"Are y-"

"I'm fine. I'm good. Just stood up too quick." I held my hand up to stop anyone from speaking. "Have a good day."

They exchanged looks of concern before filing out of the meeting room.

I stood by myself for a minute before heading to my office.

Not even a minute after I sat down, someone burst in my office. I looked up at my door, because I wanted to see who was crazy enough to enter my office that way.

"Sorry, that was more aggressive than I imagined." Harper apologised as she caught her breath. I just furrowed my brows.

"That doesn't explain you coming in here like a lunatic, Harp?!"

"I'm here to tell you to go home." She said.

I deadpanned her, looking down at my phone. "Go back to work." It was barely past lunch hours.

"I'll go back when you go home."

"Did you hit your head?"

"I'm convinced you did because why am I being told you got whiplash standing up in your meeting?"

"People talk too much." I shook my head. "Harper, where is this conversation going?"

"You're burning yourself out. I don't need you fainting on the job."

"You started sounding like the boss for a second. I'm fine." I chuckled. "I am the last person anyone needs to be worried about."

"Onika, I only asked so I wouldn't have to drag you out of here. Go home."

"Again, I'm the boss here."

"Alright, let me call Quinton to come and get you." She murmured reaching for my phone.

I let her grab it because calling Quinton wouldn't move shit.

"It's like that?" She noticed me not moving. "I'm calling your mama then. Let me find Miss Tina's number."