Chapter 31: The Final Show Down

As Todo surveyed the scene, he noticed the heavily battered bodies lying nearby

As Todo surveyed the scene, he noticed the heavily battered bodies lying nearby. "You did not want me to join the fun, eh?" he smirked, clearly undeterred by the carnage around them. Mahito, observing the damage to the Polymorphic Soul Isomers, seemed impressed.

"It seems quite hard to hit him" Todo remarked casually, stretching his arms while Jaune, with his slicked-back blond hair and broken body, tended to his injuries, popping some of his bones back into place after his fall.

"If I expand my domain... I will encounter Sukuna and get killed by him. I felt death crawling at me when I tried to use Idle Transfiguration on him during our first meeting" Mahito explained, clenching his fist as he considered their options.

"Barrier techniques are complex. Jaune nor the Gorilla would know about my domain expansion, which would allow me to win if it wasn't for Sukuna being included. I can't let Jaune in my domain. The time that Sukuna would need to transfer with Jaune is minimal from all of the times I had observed him during the year... Heh, I GOT IT!"

A wide grin spread across Mahito's face as he raised his fingers together in a symbolic sign. Todo, puzzled by Mahito's actions, suddenly had a flash of memory appeared in Jaune mind of how Sukuna had made a similar hand sign once before, a gesture known as...

"Domain Expansion"

"Self-Embodiment Of Perfection!"

The area was enveloped in a dark dome, trapping Jaune, Mahito, and Todo within

The area was enveloped in a dark dome, trapping Jaune, Mahito, and Todo within. Behind Mahito, hands began to form, while smaller hands emerged from his mouth. If Mahito's domain was as lethal as Sukuna's, then this could spell death for all within it.

"What... is this..." Todo's shock was palpable as he witnessed the hands glowing with a sinister purple hue, seemingly under Mahito's complete control. The extent of Mahito's power was unfathomable, leaving Todo bewildered at its existence.

"Let's take a gamble! 0.2 seconds of Domain Expansion!" Mahito exclaimed, his mind racing as he calculated their options. With Mahito's ability to manipulate souls with his hands, being caught within the domain would likely mean certain doom. However, the primary source of the hands was behind Mahito, leading Todo to formulate a risky plan.