Chapter 29: A Huntsman Curse

"Huh? What just happened? Ho... A face with a scar!" Mahito glance back to see Todo standing there with not a pleased expression, "The way he switched places just now! He must be the guy that sparky spoiled brat was talking about" He wondered in curiosity about Todo. It was getting him excited to fight someone like him.

Ignoring the stare Mahito was giving him, Todo continue to look down at a broken down Jaune... "Wake up, Brother! Our battle ha-... Heh..." He stopped as he notice Jaune standing up.

.

.

.

"....." Jaune remained quiet. He stood up as tears continued to flow from his eyes. Something was wrong. Todo noticed this but did not look away, instead focusing on Mahito.

Mahito, meanwhile, grew bored of just watching. He smirked with a glint of malice in his gaze and started to charge straight at Todo and Jaune, wielding a mimic of Pyrrha's spear in his hand. Raising his hand to pierce towards Jaune's chest, Todo clapped his hands, causing Mahito and himself to switch places. This left Mahito on the other side of where he was aiming.

Smirking, Mahito charged again and attempted to pierce Todo. However, with double claps, Todo switched Jaune with Mahito and then swapped himself with Mahito. Todo raised his leg and kicked Mahito in the face, the impact sending him across the corridor before he landed back on his feet.

"Amazing! Even when you know about it, it's still this disorienting?!" The dizzy feeling excited Mahito as he couldn't wait to defeat Todo and watch Jaune Arc's face twist into pure darkness, giving up all hope.

"...." Todo lifted his fist, which Jaune mimicked as they faced Mahito. He stared at them with a smirk. Mahito took notice of Jaune's expression and the random mumbling he was saying to himself. "The hell? Heheheeee! Look at the expression he has! He is gone, and yet he fights" Mahito began to laugh as all light from Jaune's eyes disappeared. Jaune looked the same as when he was on the ground with no hope and had accepted his fate to Mahito's spear. However, his broken breathing and facial expressions were frozen, with no emotion present on his face as he stood.

 However, his broken breathing and facial expressions were frozen, with no emotion present on his face as he stood

Within the soul of Jaune and within the domain of Sukuna, a surprised expression appeared on Sukuna's face.