Chapter 5

I woke up to the blaring of my alarm and groaned, rolling over in my bed. It's time for the day I had dreaded all this time. School. On edge, I got up for school anyway. I opened my curtains and looked up at the cloudy sky, which caused a few raindrops to hit my window, which caused me to sigh. I didn't want today to happen, on Wednesday, Monday felt like an eternity away. I looked over at the driveway, my mom still hadn't come back. That means I need to buy my lunch from the cafeteria, I guess. I went over to my jar of savings and pulled out five dollars. Lunch is a dollar a day, so this should last me the rest of the week. I changed into a <Insert your favorite fandom> shirt, <insert if you want a skirt, pants, shorts, etc.>, my regular hot topic boots, and the same gloves and beanie that I wore on Wednesday. I looked over at my closet and realized I needed to do my laundry since mom usually did it for me, and I was running out of clean clothes. I went downstairs and saw all the planets were still sleeping since it was early. Even Jupiter was fast asleep, which was surprising since he was an early bird. I did admit he didn't usually wake up until around 8 am and it was 6 am. 

I sat at the table pouring some cereal, then some milk and slowly eating it. I put on my backpack and was about to leave for the bus stop until I looked over... and saw my sketchbook. I look down "Should I really bring it...?" I thought to myself. But, I grabbed it and put it in my unzipped backpack. I ran to the bus stop and got onto the bus. Everyone stared at me as I sat down and looked out the window this time, keeping to myself as usual. Twenty minutes later, we were at school and I hopped off the bus, and went inside. I looked around... people were staring at me but... more unusually. I heard what I expected between whispers like "I heard they fought during gym class over the basketball..." or "Really? I heard Becca wrecked her sketchbook." The kid shook his head "No no no.. that's way too much of a stupid reason to fight someone." I sigh, adjusting my backpack. It was heavier than usual, and a few kids weren't just talking about the fight. A girl tapped me on the shoulder, it was one of Becca's friends, Ella. "Hey, ya nerd..." I snapped at her "Leave me alone, you dumb blonde popular girl. You don't know anything about me." Ella scrunched up her nose in offense "Gosh... I was just asking what the hell was in that giant backpack of yours." I look at her, confused and looked at my backpack. TO SEE ONE OF SATURNS RINGS STICKING OUT!!

I panicked and ran to the gender neutral bathroom, and emptied out my bag, seeing Saturn floating in my bag looking at me with a cheeky grin. "Hi my two legged friend!" Now that I thought about it, I didn't see Saturn sleeping on the couch this morning. "W-what are you doing here, Saturn!?" He looked up at me "Well, I remember that Becca earthling you told me about. And THEN I thought about how you defend us from so so much, so I decided to defend you today!" I was in shock "Saturn!!! if you come out in front of everyone Mr. ROTSAR will find you!!" Saturn sighed and looked down "I'm sorry my earthling friend...My morning thinking got the best of me. But nothing we shall do now except going through to-" I hear Becca, walk into the bathrooms with her two little followers Ella and Emily. I grab Saturn and dart into the stall, locking it. I held Saturn in my arms covering his mouth and standing on the toilet as I listen in on their conversation. As they looked into the bathroom mirror, putting on some makeup. 

Ella: "Did you hear? The space freak is back in school."

Becca: "You think I haven't heard? Especially the juicy gossip about what's in that ginormous bag of hers."

Ella: "You are right, she ran off like the coward she is."

Emily: "For reall..." Emily rolls her eyes

Becca: "Well, we all know what we have planned for that little nerd, right?"

Ella: "Yeah you texted it to us on Friday." 

They both leave the bathroom, leaving me and Saturn in confusion. Saturn looks at me "My earthling friend, do you know what they have planned...?" I thought for a second... "No." I say "Not yet anyways.." Saturn opened his mouth to say something but before he could the bell rang. "I better get to class!" I unlock the stall and run out. "wait!" Saturn cried out "You can't leave me here, friend! Take me with you!" I looked at Saturn "No no no! You gotta stay in the stall with the door locked!" He gives me puppy dog eyes "Please please! I won't cause any trouble I swear on my moons!" I sighed to myself... You'd think after all this drama that planets wouldn't treat moons as if they were something to swear on. But He was right, I couldn't leave him there because what if someone found him? But if I DID take him, what if someone finds him in my backpack? He whined again "Please.." I sighed and unzipped my backpack "Hop in.. But if you make any noise your dead meat! Or uh.. gas." He happily jumped into my bookbag and I began to walk through the halls, my friend Rubi comes up to me. "ahh!" she hugs me "Where have you been!?" I raised an eyebrow "You... didn't hear about the fight?"