24. No remedy

The Boba House employees were not prepared for customers that afternoon, so it was surprising when the pair of men at the back table on the second floor ordered the eighth batch of tea four hours after they arrived.

Sowon, the waiter on duty, watched them intrigued. The conversation looked interesting, with two men, both good-looking, diving into a monologue of who looked younger. It had to be something heartbreaking, because at times he would start crying or cover his face in shame. Sowon, who was usually not very interested in other people's conversations, was surprised at himself as this was an unusual exception.

Yoongi noticed him spying every time she brought a new glass and whispering to the other staff at the same time, but he couldn't say anything, not when Taehyung was pouring his heart out in front of him like that.

"Take it again." He advised him after the third breakdown. Taehyung held the rim of the glass between his teeth, trying to contain himself; When he was able to breathe again, Hyung reassured him again with a gentle tap on the shoulder. "Okay, now continue."

"It's just," Taehyung wiped his nose and gasped, "I keep wondering who it is...the person they bought that for, it doesn't make sense. It couldn't be me, so..."

"I'd say you're too hasty, but it's obvious there's something wrong with your girl." Taehyung widened his eyes at that comment.

"So, you also think I'm right? I'm not crazy, am I?"

Yoongi drank half of his tea before answering. "I don't know the girl, so don't take it too seriously, but yeah, it makes sense."

"It doesn't matter!" Taehyung couldn't help but think that this was irrefutable proof, because, who else than Namjoon's best friend to admit that that attitude was deceptive? "Trust me."

Yoongi watched him as he pondered something else to say. Meanwhile, Taehyung checked his phone, to find that he didn't have any messages, not even a clue to know that he was still alive. What a tyrant.

Looking back up, Taehyung realized he had told Yoongi almost everything, leaving out important details of course, but for the most part, he had put his heart on the table in a surprising way. Deep down, he wanted to be a little more honest, but he feared that doing so could cause irreparable damage; Not for nothing did Namjoon himself still not say anything to him, right? Although now that he had actually interacted with him, Yoongi didn't seem like someone worth distrusting.

"I'm sorry I told you all this." Even so, he felt guilty for letting himself go in front of someone who had little or nothing to do with everything, or with himself.

"The only thing you did was make me want to smoke." Yoongi snorted, amused "with all that drama it's hard not to get stressed too."

"I...sorry" He looked down but recieved a smirk.

"Nah, there are worse. Although I tell you what," Yoongi bit into his straw to break a bubble of flavor, "you have to think about how to deal with it."

"I don't know if I can do that." Taehyung hugged himself out of instinct. "I've never been able to do it when I love someone very much." He smiled slightly. "It's beside the point, but it's good that you know that it's not how I handle these things."

"Then tell me what the hell you were doing in your other relationships without being able to talk."

"Usually?" Taehyung smirked, "I let them leave me alone. Eventually, they had nothing to do with me."

"Woa, Taehyung-ah, you really are very stupid." Yoongi received a dark glare, which weakened shortly after.

"It doesn't matter." Taehyung sighed. "Although...I didn't think this would happen now. But I guess it'll leave me anyway...the only thing I know is what I want to do after hi-her."