13. Things we did not know

It was after one am when Namjoon heard the front door being unlocked. He got up from his chair and walked towards the entrance. There, he found Taehyung standing. No emotion to hug him. Without the typical smile of the day. Only his eyes, on fire, watching him.

Neither said anything for a moment. They just looked at each other, as if they were two old friends who met out of the blue, after secretly thinking of each other. There was a Deja vu, perhaps from another life, perhaps from another time. They both always thought that they both felt the same thing, the feeling when they were together of having lived the same thing repeatedly. They fit perfectly.

However, now that they were staring at their faces, after such night, they couldn't force themselves to not think about the distance between them. 

"We have no secrets." Taehyung said out of the blue, not surprising Namjoon, who put his hands in the pockets of his pajama pants. 

Taehyung admired his body, strong and big. His glasses, clear and sensual. That smile he imagined planted on his face...how he needed to see it. He was trembling out of fear.

"I told him to leave us alone. You were right." Namjoon knew from the way Taehyung's lips were trembling that he knew. That he had told him. "That son of a bitch, he did it."

"So, you did talked to him." Taehyung said, almost as a whisper.

"Yeah...I did, if you can call that a talk." Namjoon sighed.

"He was bruised." Taehyung said. Namjoon was shocked for a second until his mind told him that this was meant to happen. Of course, if he knew about Taehyung, he would go to torture him. "Are you sure this is okay? I'm scared for you Namjoon."

"I was so angry I couldn't control myself... who cares now, I don't regret a thing." Namjoon clenched his jaw, remembering how he had pushed Hoseok after he forced himself, then taken his keys and left after threatening to leave them alone and smashing his phone. "I... I just hope that was enough."

Taehyung looked away and breathed, trying to calm down. He didn't want to cry again, but he was scared. The bruises on Hoseok's face were no joke,  and he felt like something bad was bound to happen. He wiped his face with his hands and then turned back to Namjoon, who was looking at him with a frown. for a moment, he tried to distract his mind to avoid going into a crisis then and there. He had had enough of the day anyway, another thing would just break him completely.

Then Taehyung smiled. Namjoon watched as he did so, confused and worried. He knew everything that was on his boyfriend's mind. He could tell that he didn't need another reason to keep feeling bad. Taehyung was fragile, despite everything.

Namjoon looked at him lovingly, still with a frown on his face.

"Did I ever tell you that I love your frown?" Taehyung asked through tears. "When something worries you, or when I do, you do an amused frown. You think you look scary, but you don't. You're a giant baby."

Namjoon walked over and put his arm around his boyfriend. He buried him in his chest and cradled him.

"Oh, really?" Namjoon asked in a chuckle.

"Yes, and..." Taehyung cut himself up to breathe. "I also love that you suck in your cheeks when you think. It's sexy." They both smiled. Taehyung took a few more breaths before continuing. "And when you read you breathe faster, as if you were rapping poetry."

Between the two of them, a warm cloud spread out. Inside the home, intertwined. The world became mute, deaf. Inside, it was just the two of them, holding each other. Taehyung managed to calm down.

"I'm sorry I hurt you." Namjoon said, taking a deep breath. "I can't get to be who you want."

"No," Taehyung frantically shook his head and looked up, "you don't hurt me. You never have."