15. Dog

The sky broke hard as two in the morning approached. Taehyung was still standing, under an umbrella and outside his college building. He had stayed up all night finishing a model for the final presentation of his three-dimensional structure. His silk shirt was wet, and his normally elegant trousers were now darker from the constant stream of water in front of him, which had also soaked his feet and part of his socks.

He checked his phone again, there was nothing. Almost within a minute he ran out of battery. Taehyung sighed again and turned back to the road. Namjoon should have arrived by now.

It wasn't that the day was necessarily depressing, but Taehyung didn't feel like waiting any longer. Suddenly his skin felt as immaculate as it had been for years, centuries even. Namjoon had been busy and away from him for too long, and in very strange ways.

He didn't have the right to blame him for everything either: that was how his life had always been since they started university after all.

Still, Taehyung couldn't suppress his languid sighs at the thought of how far he seemed to be. He wished that time would pass quickly, and that if Namjoon appeared it would be to be with him all the time from now on.

Of course, it was nothing more than a fantasy.

His neck began to itch, and he scratched. Suddenly the sound of the falling drops increased until it became the heavy step of specific boots. The tall figure of his boyfriend came out of the darkness after a while.

"I forgot the umbrella." It was the first thing he said, and he smiled showing his impeccable teeth. Taehyung walked over and wrapped his arms around him. The drops continued to fall.

They both held hands, taking advantage of the darkness, and began to walk towards the exit. Namjoon had taken off his jacket to give it to Taehyung. The city was in darkness.

"What took you so long?"

"I was working on my trade application paper when you called." Namjoon explained, as he blew into his free hand to warm himself up. "I already wanted to see you, so I ran, but I got caught in the rain."

"Clumsy." Taehyung smiled.

"I don't even know if I did it right."

"We can review it together, and mine too." Namjoon released him to surround him and squeeze him against his body. "You must tell me what to put in 'projections', because I have no idea what to say about it."

"You get complicated, Baby. It's just saying what you want about the future."

"I really don't know." Taehyung admitted. "Lately I feel lost."

"At least we can go together. You could talk about it." Namjoon commented, somewhat offended by his boyfriend's lack of interest.

"I'd fill the sheet with you if I could, but this is about me." They both chuckled.

Footsteps were the next sound. With the tinkling of the rain almost imperceptible and both bodies wet to the bone, it was almost impossible to distinguish anything other than the stormy cold and the one-sided warmth of the company. Taehyung sighed suddenly.

"I really need a vacation. I need to be calm."

"We could cook something when we get home if that makes you feel better, or I could spoon you." Namjoon proposed, his tongue too quick to think. He needed to do something nice for his boyfriend.

"A shower is more than enough." His boyfriend looked at him mischievously. "But alone, my love." The nickname made Namjoon unable to help but clear his throat.

"Just say you don't want to be with me." Namjoon joked, Taehyung pursed his lips.

"You're sensitive today, Joonie." Namjoon held him hand tighter. "Maybe you can use that attitude to take care of me once we're home...I feel like being drunk, enough to kiss you everywhere."