Did they still have three classes together? Yes. Did they still see each other at least two nights a week at the DA? Yes. Did they still spend every weekend attached at the hip? Of course. But still they felt as though they had less time than they ever had to simply speak about their days and enjoy the others company. As a result the couple had gotten into the habit of writing each other little letters, especially as a goodnight.

The two boys looked at each other and then back to their friend. "Sure, sure...whatever you say."

The common room was loud with chatter, but Montague's muttering still reached her ears. "Oh my. I have a test tomorrow, and Fred's working on wizard wheezes tonight! Sorry that I do not spend every second with my boyfriend...and I do not know why I am still talking." The boys laughed heartily her embarrassment, and Cora really couldn't help but hide her face in her hands.

"I have never seen you so flustered this is gold!"

Cora was only proving Montague correct as her voice stuttered, something she didn't know she was capable of. "M-mont-a...oh shut up! Do your homework. I know you're one bad grade away from failing potions."

As if Montague and Cassius were the new twins in her life they unanimously dropped their jaws. Faking an obscene amount of shock. "That was a low blow..."

She shook her head at Cassius, before finally relenting her attention back to her homework. The two boys did not follow her suit, continuing to gossip about the party that the Ravenclaw's threw after they won against Hufflepuff on the weekend.

It was a peaceful 20 minutes, and Cora was running through the names of all of the planets moons in order of distance from the sun. But a small squeaky voice brought her attention, once again away from her homework.

"Can...I sit?"

Vera Kelly was stood in front of the trio, a small and unsure smile left on her face. Cora hadn't spoken to the girl in probably 12 months, despite sharing a room every night. To be fair Cora normally arrived in the dorm after the other girls had fallen asleep.

Cora kept her eyes sharp, Cassius and Graham were using their one combined brain cell to remain quiet. They both knew the history between the two girls.

Cora was a vicious person in her nature, there was no denying that. But not only was she vicious, she was always one to hold a grudge. She never wanted someone to hurt her, let alone hurt her twice. She guessed it was one of the reasons why she had spent her whole life alone. The people around her would make one wrong comment and she would never forget or forgive it.

But the person standing in front of her seemed to be so close to the one she had almost been friends with. So, as she had been doing for the past year and a half Cora chose to try something new. To go against her nature, and continue to surprise not only herself - but the people around her as well.

Her eyes softened, and with a light smile and a nod, she gave Vera the clear to join their table. It was such a small moment, and despite her life of sorrow and hurt, Cora could continue to see the light.

Valentines Day was practically a national holiday at Hogwarts. For weeks it was all anyone would talk about, and for weeks after as well as the fall out rippled through the castle.

Cora normally spent the day on her own, avoiding anyone who looked like they would use the day as an excuse to finally profess their dying love for her (it happened over three times in her fourth year). But this year she was spending it with her boyfriend.

Her boyfriend on all accounts was not necessarily the most organised person. Despite the fact they had been dating officially for 3 weeks, they had yet to go on a proper planned date. So Cora had given him (he told her) the task of planning their Valentines day.