CHAPTER 59: You are my destination

HEYYYYAAAA PEOPLE!!

OK SO I WANT TO TELL YOU GUYS THAT THIS IS MOST PROBABLY THE LAST BUT ONE CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK AND THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE THE LAST CHAPTER IF EVERYTHING GOES AS PLANNED. IT STILL FEELS LIKE YESTERDAY WHEN I HAD STARTED WRITING THIS BOOK WITH ABSOLUTELY ZERO HOPES BUT LOOKING AT WHATEVER WE'VE ACHIEVED, I AM HAPPY.

OFCOURSE THERE'LL BE EPILOUGES.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU TAKE TIME AND VOTE ON ALL THE CHAPTERS. AND PLEASE DO FOLLOW AND SUPPORT

FOR ALL MY CONSTANT SUPPORTERS AND FOLLOWERS, LOVE YA'LL!

HAPPIEE READING!
________________________________________________________________________________

LYKA'S POV:

I was sitting on my table, which is in his office and trying hard to concentrate on the designs I've been working on but mind keeps recalling our conversation from last night. It was clearly visible that he wanted to be with me and maybe somewhere inside, I wanted to be with him too, but not everything happens according to what we want isn't it. It's better for us to focus on our work and strictly keep it to that. The little slip I had yesterday was just a trailer, If I open up more, there's no chance I would be able to move on. I wasn't able to sleep well last night because my brain was crowded with our memories from past. The way he supported me, the way he held me when I was on a verge of breakdown, the way he encouraged me to follow my passion. In fact, it was because of him that I was standing here today. And also, he introduced me to a lot of well known designers last night and they seemed to have liked me. It was always him behind my success, directly or indirectly, doesn't matter. Well, hadn't I told you guys that I wasn't able to sleep last night? I need a coffee asap.

I was about to get up from table to go get some coffee for myself but an instant thud on my table stopped me from lifting myself up. I looked up to see who was it and what a way to start the day.

There was my boss, with a huge grin plastered on his face. I missed his smile. The genuine one.

SATHYA: here's your coffee nugget. Have a killer day ahead.

LYKA: sir, I told you not to call me that-

SATHYA: I know you told me to keep things professional between us, but I can't ignore the pull I feel towards you. No matter how much we try to ignore, we have a past and both of us know that we were more than friends-

LYKA: really? weren't you the one who told me we were just friend?

SATHYA: *sigh* I know, and I was such an idiot to do that. I had this feeling that I wasn't good enough-

LYKA: you had no right to decide for me, sathya.

SATHYA: I know, nugget. But now that the destiny has brought us together once again, I won't give up on you. I will always be there for you and if I ever feel that I am not good enough for you, then I'll make myself better to be good enough for you. But all I know is, there's no letting go of you.

I kept staring at him with my mouth wide open. His eyes had a shine of determination. His desire to be with me was clearly visible and my heart was racing so fast, I was scared it would jump out of my chest. But this isn't right. My heart has been broken once, I wasn't ready to face something similar once again.

LYKA: But I don't think I want to be with you anymore. I have goals which are more important than anything else.

SATHYA: I know, nugget. I know about this whole queen lyka thing that's been running in your brain. But you can be a queen even after you're mine. In fact, this peasant will have the opportunity to feel like a king if he gets to stand beside the queen.

I stared at him with awe. He was right out of a soft romance novel I love reading. He was exactly like a fictional character. But isn't that the thing about fictional characters? they're too good to be real.

LYKA: But I would still prefer to be professional-

SATHYA: you don't have to hurry, nugget. You just have to focus on whatever you're doing and I'll put effort into gaining you back. There's only one thing I've wanted so much in my entire life and it is you. So there's no way I am giving up. You were the girl with whom I fell in love for the first time, and there's going to be no other woman in my life if it isn't you. You are my start point, you are my guiding path and you are my destination as well.

My heart was already feeling weak. I felt like throwing up. I had always dreamed about sathya telling me something like this, but the situation we were in right now did no help. I don't know what is good for me or what is not. All I know is, I want to be with him but I am scared. I am scared of betrayal. I know he won't betray me, but I am scared about myself. What if I betray myself? What if I make the wrong choice and fall into a pit? My life has showed me enough of struggle and I was not in a situation to take another risk.

SATHYA: stop troubling your mind, nugget. Just believe in yourself and go with the flow. You work hard on your goals and I am here to support you with that. But all I want is, don't push me away. Don't build walls around your heart to push me away. I am ready to wait for you, no matter how long it takes. But don't just decide already that you don't want to be with me.

I just looked at him and nodded. Who was I even kidding? there's no way I can keep myself away from this man and there's totally no way I can hate him. He's the first ever guy who made me feel loved and I won't be able to get over him even If I wanted.

SATHYA: now, drink this coffee and continue to work hard. I've brought a few cookies as well. Remember? just the way I brought you these while you were preparing for your exams.

I just chuckled at him and nodded. He hesitantly brought his hand near my head and ruffled my hair. His face had that longing expression. I know he wants me. And I know, he won't stop until he makes me realize that I want him too. But the problem is, he doesn't have to make me realize. I already know that I want him too. I'll want him no matter what happens between us. And that thought scares me away.

I brushed all other thoughts from my mind and started to concentrate on my work. I have a future to create after all.

TIME SKIP

IN THE AFTERNOON.

I was busy and completely drowned in my work when I heard a gentle tap on the table. I lifted my head up to see him grinning at me again. Damn his smile, I want to frame it and show it off to the world.

SATHYA: its lunch time nugget. Health comes first. Let's have lunch together.

LYKA: but I have lunch with daksh and other employees.

His expression suddenly changed from sunshine to cloudy. But still, he managed to give me a smile. A fake one, to be exact.

SATHYA: daksh has other friends, you know. But I don't have anyone to have lunch with. And how did you get so close with him in such a short period of time?

LYKA: *chuckle* are you jealous?

SATHYA: what if I say yes?

LYKA: too bad, because he's still going to be my best friend in this firm.

SATHYA: ughh yeah sure. Atleast have lunch with me.

LYKA: *giggle* yeah sure. I'll just text him and tell him he can carry on with other employees.

He just half heartedly nodded and I couldn't help but giggle at his cute behaviour. I've never seen him jealous before and he looked so cute I wanted to pull his cheeks. Well, yeah he was jealous at the author's gathering, but I wasn't aware of his feelings so that doesn't count.

SATHYA: umm, nugget?

LYKA: yes?

SATHYA: ughh, actually my grand parents have been wanting to meet you ever since you're back. My grandmother gave me an earful for letting you go and now that you're back, she's basically jumping on my head everyday to either bring you over or invite them to the firm for lunch. Is it fine with you if they join us?

LYKA: are you kidding me??! hell yess! I would love it.

SATHYA: ok then, I'll tell my driver to bring them here. They'll be here in 10 minutes.

I just nodded at him and continued to scroll through my phone.

I was busy in looking at a few designs on my phone when I heard an excited scream echoing in the office.

(GM: grand mother. GF: grand father)

GM: hayee meri bacchi. Kidhar thi itne din?

(Ohh my child, where were you all this time?)

GF: let her breathe atleast.

GM: you be quite old man. She missed me too. Aren't I right Lyka?

LYKA: yes dadi, I missed you too.

GM: see, I told you she missed me. She's so much more better than you people. Arre beta, kuch khaati nahi thi kya delhi mei? sookh ke kaata hochuki hai. Lekin abb aagayi hai na waapis, mai roz khaana banake bhejungi tere liye pyaar se, tu khaayegi na?

(Oh my kid, you used to eat something in delhi or not? you've dried up to appear like a twig. But now that you're back I'll cook delicious food for you and send it every day with love. You'll eat it right?)

LYKA: ofcourse dadi. How can I not when you'll cook for me.

GM: such a sweet girl. Not like this useless fellow. Never ate what I sent for him.

SATHYA: arre dadi now stop. We have very less time left for lunch break to end.

GF: yes son, don't worry I am here to support you. She won't stop talking once she starts.

GM: I am married to an old man who is no fun. tchtchtch.

GF: yeah as if some youngster is waiting to get married to you.

GM: shh! let's eat now. You talk too much.

Grand father looked at her dumbfounded while we all just giggled. This is what true love looks like. Damn how I want my future to be like this.

SATHYA: we'll be like this when we're old. *giggle*

I just turned my head to the other side because hell I was blushing. He wanted to get old with me. Damn I'll die with happiness.

We all sat there and enjoyed our lunch together while laughing and awing at dadi and dadu's cute bickering. They were a total couple goals and I couldn't be anymore happier by spending time with them. Soon Sathya got a call and he excused himself saying it was important and went out to speak on the call. While he was out, dadi held my hand and started speaking to me.

GM: Lyka, my child, I know everything that happened between the both of you. He told me everything.

I just looked at her with my eyes widened due to shock.

GM: He told me how he pushed you away and didn't contact you after that and trust me, I taught him a good lesson. But what I want to tell you is, he's a soft person, Lyka. He lost his parents at a very young age and has seen us as his parents ever since. No matter how much he tries to pretend that he's happy and satisfied, he always feels insecure and thinks that he's not perfect. And after you left, he was completely devastated. He had stopped eating properly and drowned himself in work. No matter how much he showed that it was because of work, but it was because he didn't have you by his side. He started this design firm in your memory and all of us know that. He worked hard day and night with a dream that if things get better in future between you and him, then the both of you would work together in this firm. That's why the name L&S. But as days passed by and there was no message from your side, he started becoming more quite and more engrossed in work. I was scared looking at his state and my heart ached. I know he was wrong but he is my grandson. I can't see him like this. But ever since you've returned, he's started gaining life. He's started to look more like a human and I want to thank you for that.

LYKA: you don't have to thank me dadi, he's a great man and deserves happiness.

GM: if you don't mind, lyka my child, can I request you something?

LYKA: yes dadi, of course.

GM: if you'll ever be able to forgive him, then will you try to love him like before? because you're the only one who can bring that corpse to life. He's alive when he's with you.

I was stunned at her request. I didn't know what to reply because I wasn't sure. I didn't know what future held for the both of us and I didn't want to give her fake promises, or fake hopes.

I was lost in my own world when the door opened and Sathya entered the office.

SATHYA: ok dadu, dadi, as much as I would love to spend time with you, we have work to do and also its time for your evening walk. I have asked the driver to drop you to the park. I think you guys should leave.

DADI: rude kid. No fun at all.

SATHYA: I heard that.

DADI: Well, I wanted you to hear that, the whole reason behind speaking loud.

SATHYA: alright, my sweet grand mother, you can curse me how much ever you can after I come back home. But now you have to leave.

GF: yes son, drop us till the car.

Dadi looked back at me and gave me a requesting to look to which I nodded with a slight smile before seeing her off outside the office. Sathya took the lead and headed off to drop them till the car.

I was about to return inside the office when I spotted a familiar figure near the waiting couch.

Wait isn't she..

My eyes widened when the realization hit me.

She's the same lady who was with Sathya in the cafe on the day we separated.

________________________________________________________________________________

END OF THE CHAPTER~~!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND FOLLOW!

LOVE YA'LL!!

BBYEE!