CHAPTER 12: respect but no love

HII GUYSSS!! YOUR SUPPORT MEANS A LOTT!! I AM HERE WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER!!
DO COMMENT ABOUT YOUR VIEWS AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!

EVERY SINGLE VOTE AND READ ENCOURAGES MEE!!

LOVE YA'LL

HAPPY READING!!

ALSOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! FOLLOW author_anjaani ON INSTAGRAM FOR THE TEASERS OF NEXT CHAPTERS!!

________________________________________________________________________________

ASIM POV:

through out the marriage function and the actual nikah i kept my face emotionless as usual. i knew most of these people present here would either be jealous or gossip about how overly done the wedding was or how they expected more variety in the cuisine. this world isn't for people who trust. its for people who know not to trust anyone.

when the priest asked if i agree with this marriage, i couldn't help but think about the girl who was going to be my wife very soon. her face that day. she looked beautiful. almost too unreal to exist. she doesn't deserve me. but no one else can deserve her too. the thought of her being happy with someone else suddenly gave me a twisted gut feeling. this wasn't how i was supposed to feel. nevertheless i said qubool hai three times, and i had her all to myself.

MY WIFE, MY MRS. AAYAT ASIM AMAN.

just the thought of her being my wife caused me to feel a strange protectiveness over her. all i knew was i wanted to protect her. maybe i can't give her love, but i sure as hell with provide her with everything any girl would ever dream for and respect her with everything i have. but she'll have to know her boundaries too. we can't be a normal couple.

after the nikah when she was brought by her father and was made to hold my hand i felt an electric current pass through me. just before my thoughts could wander off to unwanted destinations, i directed them back on their original path. she's just another responsibility whom i need to respect and take care of. i just have a feeling that this responsibility might make me feel less tired compared to others.

her tears wouldn't stop while leaving her family and friends. and it is completely understandable. no one can live without family. not even me. i may not show how much i love and adore my family but i do. i can't live without them. they are the only people i know would never want something bad to happen to me. they are the only ones who'll be genuinely happy towards my success. now she was family too. i couldn't see her cry i don't know why. it just hurt. i couldn't take the sight of her teary face. i slowly held her hand and brought her towards our car in which we'll be leaving towards my place. she bid her last goodbyes with her people but couldn't control sobbing. i involuntarily forwarded a kerchief. i can't wipe her tears. this is the least i could do.

that was the moment when i realized her teary face was one of the very few things that had an effect on me. that very moment, i promised myself to never let her cry.

i can't make you smile aayat, but i'll make sure to never make you cry.

this was the only thought that occurred in my brain as i watched her slowly dozing off beside me.

end pov.

AAYAT POV:

i woke up when i felt someone lightly shaking me. i had no idea when i dozed off. i turned beside me to find asim was the one who woke me up. i shouted at myself mentally at this embarrassing moment but then coped up eventually.

ASIM: we're home.

he said that in not too harsh but not too soft manner to which i nodded and got down the car. the building.. sorry.. the mansion that was standing proudly in front of me was now my home. this is it aayat. this is your home now. and this is your new family whom you are supposed to shower with the same amount of love with which you used to shower your own family.