CHAPTER 27: comfort in your embrace

HEYYAAA PEOPLE~!!

HERE WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER!!

DON'T BLAME ME FOR THE LATE UPDATE..! WATTPAD WAS SHOWING ERROR!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT TILL NOW..!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTEE!!

LOVE YA'LL!!

HAPPY READING!!

________________________________________________________________________________

ISHAAN'S POV:

Did i say that i wanted to stay away from this girl? If yes then I take my words back! I was having a complete blast with her!! and my assignment doesn't feel a burden anymore!! I am enjoying exploring and No, India isn't a bad country. Its full of people who love each other and help each other whenever needed. I've seen families providing beverages and food to tourists and they ask for nothing in return and in turn they say its their duty to take care of the guests who are visiting their country.

And this girl here beside me? She's the best tbh. No matter how many differences we've had in the past but her true nature is to die for. She's caring to everyone but has the capability to handle things like a leader at the same time. She's soft and loving when she needs to be and equally strict whenever such situation arises. Now i get it why she's the head of the music club and why people call her chief. Her smile, its enough to brighten up anyone's day. The corner of her eyes wrinkle slightly when she smiles and she gets a dimple too. How do i know these things? Yeah i sit and gawk at her whenever she smiles.

We've finished our tour in the southern part of india which was truly and incredibly informative and joyful. People are so talented and their cuisine is just next level. We also visited the western side but damn the cold there, But their culture was the most unique. From the food they ate to the languages they spoke to the clothes they wore and the transport medium they use. Each part of the country had their own form of dance and music. And i was thrilled to be able to witness all of them with my eyes.

But the most thrilling part of the whole tour was the person beside me. She was there with me, explaining anything and everything i wanted to know about. She never was once irritated or angry on my continuous questioning. She would just smile and explain me each and everything and to be honest, I liked being with her. I like being with her more than i've liked being with anyone else for that matter. Also, yeah i've been sleeping on her lap daily. It's the only place that makes me feel relaxed and stress free. I don't get nightmares when i sleep on her lap with her hand gently caressing my hair and it is really something surprising. It's been 13 years to that incident and there hasn't been a single night where i haven't experienced a nightmare.
But surprisingly, i sleep like a baby on her lap.

Today we're in rajasthan and man this place is soo damn hot. She was right when she told there'll be severe changes in the climate. We reached here early in the morning and it was so damn cold i almost that i'll find snow here. But right now, at noon, i feel like i am being roasted.
I am wearing a cool shirt which is as light as feather on my body and yeah, my body is on complete display here. Girls are shamelessly gawking at me, well can i help? I am a masterpiece.

SAMAIRA: providing quite a view huh? i see..

ISHAAN: can't help if my body is worth gawking at.

SAMAIRA: too much confidence.

ISHAAN: stating facts. Well if you want, i can give you a private exhibition foxyy..!

SAMAIRA: ewww!! keep that to yourself!! i have better things to look at!! you've started flirting a lot these days! and what the hell is this foxy huh?

ISHAAN: well, you see vixen sounds wicked and after spending some time with you, i conclude that though you're irritating but you're not wicked, so i thought foxy would be better of a nickname for you rather than vixen. And about the flirting, don't act as if you don't like it foxyy..!!

SAMAIRA: in your dreams! Now stop your advertisement and we have to get ready to go for hill climbing. The fort is at the top of the hill and we'll be staying there for our time here.

ISHAAN: that's more of a concern for you.. you see.. with those little legs of yours.. you'll take too long to climb that hill. I'll do it easily.

SAMAIRA: ohh yeah?? is this a challenge?

ISHAAN: why not foxy..!

SAMAIRA: all right!! let's go then!

Saying this, she gestured everyone to walk towards the hill and start climbing it. To my surprise, this foxy has little legs but climbs faster than a squirrel, though she's still behind me, She's much faster than i expected her to be. I saw her taking intense and fast steps towards me and that glint of competitiveness can be seen in her eyes. I had no thought related to failure in my mind and hence i looked forward and continued climbing. Suddenly i heard a painful scream from behind me and the voice looked familiar. I swear to god!! if this is you foxy.. i turned around to see and yeah.. it was her.

I rushed downwards to reach and moved the crowd of students aside to have a look at her. She was seated on the ground with her ankle in her hand. Her face clearly stated that she was in pain. I quickly bent towards her as concern flushed through me.

ISHAAN: heyy heyy foxy wassup?? how did you get hurt??

SAMAIRA: i don't know, I guess I sprained my ankle.

RANDOM: chief, i don't think you'll be able to climb anymore, and there's no signal here to call for help.

SAMAIRA: its ok you guys go ahead and reach the fort and send for some help. I'll wait here.

ISHAAN: are you out of your freaking mind? You think its safe for you to just sit here and wait while others go up there?? Do you even have an idea how much time it'll take to reach the top??
there's no way you're staying here..!

SAMAIRA: *irritated tone* Then what else do you think we can do?? enlighten us if that dumb brain of yours has some brilliant idea!

I thought for a moment and decided what i had to do.

ISHAAN: i'll bend forward and sit down, one of you help her get on my back. I'll carry her to the top.

SAMAIRA: Are you out of you're mind?! No i won't let you carry me!! I am heavy and you can injure yourself!! And the top is no where near.

ISHAAN: stop arguing and follow my orders. You might be the head but here you have no say..! I said with anger evident in my voice. She just gulped and looked down and someone from the group helped her get on my back. I lifted her up and started carrying her.

We were only a little distance up and i heard soft sniffles on my back. Shit! was she crying?

ISHAAN: heyy foxyy!! stop crying!! what happened??? who made you cry?? tell me what happened!!

SAMAIRA: i am heavy and you're carrying me. You're back will hurt and i don't want that. I don't want to be a burden to you.

I just chuckled at her cute reply.

ISHAAN: trust me foxy, you're as tiny and light as a feather. You absolutely weigh nothing. And no, you can never be a burden. Not to me, not to anyone. And if you're feeling really bad about me.. then you can give me a massage later.

I just said to make a joke but her reply shocked me.

SAMAIRA: i promise to give you a massage!

I Just nodded and we continued our journey with normal bickering and laughing. This is what i've wanted to feel for so long. The feeling of not being lonely. The feeling of being cared for. The feeling of being wanted.

TIME SKIP

AT NIGHT

It was almost evening by the time we had reached the fort. We all immediately headed towards our rooms and rested till dinner time. Later we all had dinner and now it was past mid night and i am sure as hell everyone would've slept already. But i, as usual was not able to sleep. I couldn't go and ask her to help fall asleep. She was already tired and was in pain due to her ankle. I just sighed and decided to take a walk outside. I took a wore a warm jacket over myself and went out of the fort. There was a staircase surrounded by walls on either sides which led downwards from the fort. I started walking down the stairs when i noticed a familiar tiny figure on the stairs.

ISHAAN: foxy, you know you need to be resting right now right? you're ankle is sprained.

SAMAIRA: *sigh* I know, i wasn't able to sleep so came out fresh air. Come sit here.

she patted the space beside her and i gladly obeyed.

We sat there for sometime, letting the cold wind brush through our faces. And my phone rang. I looked at the caller id and an instant frown appeared on my face. I just switched my phone off and kept it back in.

I could see confusion on her face but she was polite enough to not interrupt my privacy.

ISHAAN: *sigh* it was my dad, we don't really get along well.

SAMAIRA: ohh, ugh sorry i didn't know. You wanna talk about it?

ISHAAN: well i don't think i am comfortable enough to share the whole thing but ughh.. He married a woman immediately after my mother's death and she wasn't any good. When i tried to speak to him about it he always believed her over me. Ever since, I've been on bad terms with him. And it was here where my mom died.

SAMAIRA: is it why you hated india??

ISHAAN: well, you can say that.

SAMAIRA: do you still hate it?

ISHAAN: ohh i for sure do not. This place is comforting. It is not bad at all. A country cannot be blamed for what happened in my life. And this country is too beautiful to hate.

SAMAIRA: exactly! i am glad that you like it here now.

i just nodded at her.

SAMAIRA: ishaan, you're mother was great woman who raised a boy as well mannered as you, you might've looked rude at the start but that's what circumstances made you. When i got close to you, i realized you're a very good guy. And thank you for trusting me and sharing your past with me, though only a little.

ISHAAN: thank you for listening foxy.

SAMAIRA: now come here, i know you can't sleep anywhere else except my lap.

I chuckled lightly and she started caressing my head and then started pressing my shoulders slightly massaging them.

ISHAAN: what are you doing foxy?

SAMAIRA: i am giving you the massage i promised.

I just smiled at her and got comfortable while she did wonders while massaging my shoulders.

ISHAAN: foxy, i find comfort in your embrace. Thank you for not pushing me away.

SAMAIRA: *smile* now sleep and let me do my work.

I just nodded my head with a smile plastered on my face and closed my eyes feeling the relaxation engulfing my body. Soon i drifted away into my dreamland, on her lap. My comfort zone.

________________________________________________________________________________

END OF THE CHAPTER~~!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!

LOVE YA'LL!