CHAPTER 46: hello room-mate!

HEEYYAAAA YOU PEOPLE!!

WE HIT 1K VOTES!!

I AM SO GRATEFUL TO THOSE WHO TAKE TIME TO READ MY BOOK AND VOTE FOR IT AS WELL!

YOU GUYS REALLY MEAN A LOT TO ME!!

KEEP SUPPORTING AND KEEP VOTING!!

LOVE YA'LL!!

HAPPY READING~!
________________________________________________________________________________

SAMAIRA'S POV:

Yesterday, when I saw him broken, I couldn't hold back my tears. It felt as if a piece of my heart was ripped apart and displayed raw with no courtesy. I've seen him sad, happy, angry or even weak. But never have I seen him this vulnerable or broken. He didn't deserve it. Whatever he went through as a child, he never deserved it. There's only one thing he deserves and that is love. And I'll make sure to make him feel loved.

When he dozed of on my lap, I let the dam of my tears flow. I didn't cry in front of him, He was weak and I was needed to be strong. To hold him. To pull him up to his feet. I had to do that. But once It was confirmed that he wasn't watching me, I cried. Because I was hurt. I was hurt by the way his dad behaved with him. I was hurt when I discovered himself guilty for not being able to see his mother for the last time before he died. I was hurt that there was still that young kid ishaan who was craving for love. I couldn't leave him alone in that situation, so I did what I felt was right. I called my parents and told them about losing my key and that I would be staying at a friend's place. My parents trusted me, so they never questioned much about my doings unless they found it too suspicious.

They would return after one week anyhow, and I had my luggage with me, and he himself mentioned that he was alone in this big ass apartment so I can stay until my parents return I guess. Well I'll ask him once he wakes up. Yeah he's still asleep on the couch. I made sure to keep a pillow under his head to prevent his neck from paining and also covered him in a blanket to prevent him from catching a cold. And currently I am in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

I scanned the fridge to look for something suitable with which breakfast could be prepared but all I found was egg and bread. Well, we were out for the tour so it was justified. It wasn't safe to store vegetables when we are out of house for a long time even if it was in the fridge.

SAMAIRA: smart decision mr. kashyap.

ISHAAN: yeah I know I am smart.

I felt his breath near my ear and that morning hoarse voice of his. This guy is going to be the death of me one day. I turned my head around to look at his face kind of regretted it. I repeat, kind of. Our faces were just a few inches apart, too close to be labelled as safe.

SAMAIRA: wh-what a-are y-you d-doing?

ISHAAN: trying to grab water? but for that you need to move out of the way.

I turned red due to embarrassment and moved away from the fridge without looking into his eyes and I am sure I heard him chuckle. He took the bottle from the fridge and opened the cap to drink the water.

ISHAAN: so you didn't leave last night?

He asked me but I was too busy watching that water droplet moving from his lower lip to his jaw, then to his neck-

ISHAAN: my eyes are up here foxy.

SAMAIRA: huh? oh umm yeah. Well you were asleep and the key situation with my house wasn't really helpful as well so I chose not to leave. Well you aren't mad about it right?

ISHAAN: *slight laugh* why would I be mad about it? Anyways its not like I have someone else living with me for you to intrude their privacy.

SAMAIRA: uhh yeah.

There was silence for the next few moments. I was still thinking about how to speak to him about me spending a week here at his apartment. And by looking at him, looks like he's trying to tell something as well. WELL, fuck it. someone has to start the convo.

SAMAIRA: I-

ISHAAN: I-

We both spoke at the same time and then chuckled at it. He gestured me to speak first to which I happily obliged. I was not that you first argument person. If someone gives you the opportunity then just grab it.

SAMAIRA: umm so I was thinking... Since I've lost my key, and uh We'll have to call the locksmith to resolve that issue, and anyways you live alone here and uh you told you didn't mind having me at your place last night, I was thinking If I could spend this week at your place? Until my parents return? Only if you're comfortable ofcourse!

I looked at him, trying to find a reaction but he looked blank. Shit! Shit! Shit! I should've know this was a bad idea..! I mean how could I think it was okay for me to just crash at his place-

ISHAAN: are you kidding me??! I would love that!! Well I'll be honest though you were a pain in ass at the beginning. you're the only true friend I've ever had so I would be a certified fool If I said I wasn't okay with it.

SAMAIRA: great then!! I am staying here for a week!

He had a huge smile plastered on his face and I was happy that he was finally smiling. And that too genuinely.

ISHAAN: yess you are!

SAMAIRA: ok so then, the breakfast duty will be mine.

ISHAAN: as you say foxyy..! anyways I am always ready to be freed from work.

SAMAIRA: *playful* lazy ass.

ISHAAN: nope, I have a sexy ass.

I gave him a *I am soo done with you look* to which he reacted with a hard laughter and I joined him as well.

ISHAAN: what's for breakfast?

SAMAIRA: with the treasure we have here.. you'll get toast with omlette. that's it.

ISHAAN: well, by estimating the level of my hunger, that would be heavenly.

SAMAIRA: okay then! go get freshened up.. I'll prepare the breakfast by then.

ISHAAN: aye aye captain.

With that he went up to his room to get freshened up and I continued working on our breakfast.

TIME SKIP

AT NIGHT

We had loads of fun today. All the day we played board games, bitched about our teachers, shared the weirdest thoughts we had and laughed at each other.

Right now, we were playing never have I ever and this game is hilarious.

SAMAIRA: never have I ever, umm, entered the washroom that was meant for the opposite gender.

I looked at his nervous expression and my eyes nearly came out of their sockets when he lowered his finger.

SAMAIRA: you entered girls' washroom??!

ISHAAN: heyy don't look at me with those accusing eyes! It was an emergency. The boys washroom had no empty stall and the girls washroom was empty so that clearly wasn't an offence!

SAMAIRA: yeah sure.

With that I started laughing uncontrollably while he was continuously telling me to stop laughing. But I couldn't care less. Well I was imagining a horrified ishaan entering into the girls washroom and just the thought of it wasn't helping me in controlling my laughter.

ISHAAN: well foxy its better if you stop laughing now..! Or else I have my ways you know.

SAMAIRA: omg I c-can't *laughing*

And with the swift move, I was under on the couch, with my hands pinned above me while his face was too close for my liking.

ISHAAN: I told you I have my ways.

SAMAIRA: Is-shaan t-this isn't a j-joke.

ISHAAN: trust me, I am not considering this as a joke.

His gaze was intense. And his eyes held on to mine like a magnet, I wasn't able to move my eyes away from his. It felt as if our eyes were locked. His eyes travelled from my eyes to my nose, and then to my lips. His sight stayed still for some time and I could sense the change in the environment. Our moment was suddenly broken when I heard my phone ringing. He moved away from me abruptly while I just rushed towards the table to pick my phone. It was dad.

I spoke to him and he told that he and mom might not return any time soon. It would take them atleast a month to settle the deal as there were last minute issues which needed time to be resolved. Well it was sad but I understood their situation as well. I know my parents wouldn't leave me alone for so long until there was a strong reason to do so.

That means I'll have to live alone for a month now. Great.

After ending the call I went down to the living area and found him sitting on the couch.

ISHAAN: wassup? everything fine?

SAMAIRA: well, kind of yeah.

ISHAAN: kind of?

SAMAIRA: umm dad told due to some last minute issues the deal would take a lot more time to get settled. And they need to stay there for at least one month.

ISHAAN: does that mean you'll have to live alone?

SAMAIRA; well yes I guess. I have no other option.

ISHAAN: umm you do have another option you know.

SAMAIRA: *confused* what option?

ISHAAN: well ugh, you can be my room mate.

SAMAIRA: huh?

ISHAAN: see the point is, you were going to stay here for a week anyhow. And now that your parents will take longer to return, you can just stay here as my room mate. Anyhow it feels hella empty.

SAMAIRA: but how can I just stay here?

ISHAAN: like you're staying now. Don't think too much foxy. So?? what do you say?

SAMAIRA: umm, okay I guess but only on one condition!

ISHAAN: what condition?

SAMAIRA: i'll pay rent.

ISHAAN: samaira there's no need-

SAMAIRA: well I'll stay only if you let me pay. That's the deal. take it or leave it.

ISHAAN: *sigh* okay fine.

SAMAIRA: ok then!! the deal is on!!

ISHAAN: *huge smile* yes it is on!

SAMAIRA: ahem! let us have a proper introduction as room mates now.

ISHAAN: huh?

SAMAIRA: hello mr. kashyap. I am samaira singh and I am going to be your room mate for the next 1 month.

He just chuckled at my antics and shook my hand which I had extended for a hand shake.

ISHAAN: hello room-mate!

________________________________________________________________________________

END OF THE CHAPTER~~!!

LOVE YOU GUYSS!!

KEEP SUPPORTING!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!

BBYE!!