CHAPTER 6: hitched forever

HII GUYSSS!! YOUR SUPPORT MEANS A LOTT!! I AM HERE WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER!!
DO COMMENT ABOUT YOUR VIEWS AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!
EVERY SINGLE VOTE AND READ ENCOURAGES MEE!!

LOVE YA'LL

HAPPY READING!!

ALSOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! FOLLOW author_anjaani ON INSTAGRAM FOR THE TEASERS OF NEXT CHAPTERS!!

________________________________________________________________________________

AAYAT POV:

right now, I am looking at myself in the mirror, completely dolled up for my engagement. i look beautiful. with this off white creamish coloured floor length anarkali kurti as my outfit. it has a touch of colour in it with a little bit of embroidery at the bottom. the beautiful dupatta covers my head making me look elegant as ever.
my make up wasn't heavy. just enough to enhance my features and not completely changing me into someone else. just the way i like it.

my hair were loosely held by a clip and i had light but beautiful jewellery on me. but all this exterior facade of beauty couldn't hide the turmoil of emotions inside me. i was worried if this was the right thing to do. what if i wasn't happy? what if i got emotional and agreed with baba to do the wrong thing? many other what ifs were roaming inside my head but then a sudden thought crept up. ASIM.. would he be feeling the same emotions as me? will he keep me happy? will he protect me? i don't know why, but just the thought of him made me feel relaxed. i feel confident all of a sudden. i haven't even met this man and this is the effect already. i just hope this is right.

(AAYAT'S DRESS FOR THE ENGAGEMENT)

I couldn't meet asim before marriage. this is how it is in the muslim community. people might question this practice and call it absurd. but this was as normal and as magical as any other wedding culture out there. couples, even though not meeting each other before wedding, enter this relationship with determination to make it work and promising to trust and love their partner. it is magical. and there are many marriages which were successful and filled with love. amma and baba being one of them. that's why i didn't believe in dating. i wanted to save all my efforts and love for the person with whom i would spend the rest of my life. and thinking of asim to be that person, i feel butterflies in my stomach.

damn butterflies!

the ceremony was being held in a ceremony hall which was booked by the groom's side. and i was already astonished by its beauty and grand appearance. damn they've spent a lot on just an engagement.

as i was stuck in my own thoughts, a loud chaotic crowd entered the room.
yeah exactly, they were here.. my friends.. and they were being a complete nuisance..!

aditi: samairaaaa!! we are late because of you again..!! we are going to leave without you the next time...!

samaira: sure.. go ahead..! i know my aayat won't let the ceremony start without mee...! she loves me too much for that..!

lyka: guys stop fighting..! you guys always do that..!

aarna: i need to click a pic and send it to my man..!

aayat: *sigh* guys, you need to be here asking me to calm down.. you people are being a pain in ass instead. get lost if this is why you are here..!

aarna: ohh myyy godddd!! you look beautifullllll!!! girll i want to become a lesbian for you.. but sorry i am in love already with aarav. hehe

aayat: *chuckle* thank you aaruuu!! you look beautiful too..!

samaira: damn girl you are gorgeous!! i am happy that you got good genes.! and your kids will have good genes too..!

aditi: *worried tone* you look beautiful..

aayat: *frowning* but why are you worried?

aditi: i don't want boys looking at you.!

aayat: for god's sake aditi the men's section and women's section are separated!

aditi: ohhhhhhhhhhhhh then i am at ease.. let me compliment you again.. "you look beauuuuuuuuuuutifullll"

aayat: *sarcastic smile* thank you sooooooooo muchh.

lyka just came and hugged me. the sense of familiarity and comfort crowded my mind as i completely relaxed in her embrace.

lyka: i can't believe you are getting engaged. you look beautiful soulmate. and i am always here for you.

aayat: thank you lyka, thank you for coming in my life.