CHAPTER 20: a ray of sunshine through the dark clouds

HIIIII PEOPLEE!!

HERE WITH THE NEXT CHAPTERR!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CONSTANT SUPPORT..!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!

KEEP SUPPORTING!!

LOVE YA'LL

HAPPY READING..!

_______________________________________________________________________________

ASIM'S POV:

It's been two days since that night when she took care of me and i shouted at her. I shouldn't have done that. Well that still didn't stop her from serving me dinner every night. But i didn't feel the warmth i felt before that incident. There was no smile on her face. The smile to which i got addicted. She made me feel at home. No one has ever waited for me to return back. Well i was the one who told them not to do so but still, it felt good that she waited for me on her own will. I can see that all her pending studies and assignments were also over but still she waited for me every night. 

damn i acted like a dick. I shouldn't have spoken in that way. She was taking care of me after all and just because of my insecure and self aware ass i behaved in that way. It's true that its good for her if she doesn't get involved with me much but that doesn't mean that i should be rude to her. I will apologize to her tonight. Yeah that's right. I'll do it. Or even better, i'll leave early today, anyhow i haven't been able to be productive the whole day, her thoughts wouldn't let me engage in any other work. Yeah that's right. Maybe i should take something for her with me. Yeah i'll buy something.

But wait, what will i buy? I don't know anything about these things. I have never thought of dating anyone. What should i do? best option.. sathya.. girls go all crazy for his books. I'll ask him what to give her.

(OTP)

SATHYA: what a pleasant surprise. the call from the tycoon himself that too during working hours.

ASIM: i'll get straight to the point. What do girls like? like how do they forgive you easily.

SATHYA: what did you do with bhabhi that you're already apologizing?

ASIM: that's none of your business. just tell me if you can help or not.

SATHYA: dude i was basically with you all the time. have you seen me dating anyone?

ASIM: but don't women go nuts over your books?

SATHYA: over books yeah.. idk how to handle them in real life.

ASIM: that means you're of no use.

SATHYA:  woahh i never said that. I'll ask her best friend and let you know.

ASIM: how do you know her bestfriend?

SATHYA: she works as an assistant for me.

ASIM: well that's none of my concerns. just get the work done.

SATHYA: that was rude but okay.

I have no idea how is sathya in touch with her best friend but if it is of help in my situation, not bad i guess. I was in my own thoughts of how to apologize to her when my phone pinged indicating i had a message.

SATHYA: so the piece of info i got is.. sis-in-law is crazy for chocolates. she'll melt if you get her chocolates. Thank me later.

chocolates. well that wasn't that difficult. Anyways i would've done more if it was required to gain her forgiveness. I guess chocolates are enough sometimes. cute.

I informed my PA and left the office to reach home. I stopped at the mall to pick up chocolates but damn the varieties. I was so confused so i bought one of each type. With hopes of being forgiven i headed towards home.

As I reached, i found the house completely empty. Wasn't I early today? if yes then why is the house empty? shouldn't everyone be present here. Does that mean even she is not here? Just the thought of not being able to see her made me sad. SAD. an emotion which i feel very rarely. I just sighed and went up to our room losing all hopes. I slowly opened the door and instantly felt relieved to see her there. she was curled up like a ball and covered with a blanket.

ASIM: I-I am back.
she turned around to look at me. shock evident on her face.

AAYAT: you're back early today.

ASIM: yeah there wasn't much of work.

AAYAT: hmm

ASIM: where's everyone?

AAYAT: ohh they all left for some family friends' reception maybe? i don't know the details.

ASIM: oh yeah that, i forgot about that. ahem.. you didn't go?

AAYAT: no.. i wasn't feeling well so chose to stay home and rest for a bit.

She wasn't feeling well? I am worried sick now. I am responsible for her. I promised her father to take care of her.

ASIM: what happened? why didn't you inform me earlier?? should we go to the hospital? yeah we should-

AAYAT: shhhh!! its nothing much. I am on my period that's it.

ASIM: o-oh. ahem. I uh- I am sorry i didn't know.

AAYAT: that's ok.

ASIM: do you uh need anything?
she just shook her head saying no.

i just sat there for a few minutes completely blank. I had no idea how to start the apology. But if i simply keep sitting here then she'll think i am a creep.

ASIM: about that night... I am really sorry.. i shouldn't have spoken to you like that. You were just taking care of me and i really really want to thank you for that. It's just that i don't know why i lost control but I really didn't mean to be rude. I've promised your father i'll not hurt you and I promise you-