04

"𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙣𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙩, 𝙡𝙞𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙩 𝙪𝙥 𝙤𝙧 𝙙𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙞𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙩."

𝔊𝔞𝔟𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔩 made sure the full team was gone before searching for his coaches in the locker room

     "Coach!" He yelled for his coach's attention.

     "Gabe! What's up, boy? What happened to you today?" The Coach asked the male.

     "It's something I wanna talk to you about..." A heavy sigh escaped his mouth. "But it's not something you can tell everyone or do too much about, okay?"

     "Step into the office..." The coach tilted his head toward the office before heading toward it.

Gabriel silently nodded and followed behind the coach so the two could speak privately.

Coach pushed the office door closed, turning the lock on it and the two males took a seat. "What's going on? You know I promised your parents I'd take good care of you. This doesn't seem like good care." Coach made remarks about his bruises and limping.

     "It's fine, they won't know." Gabriel assured him, "But, I don't think I'm going to stay... I don't like it here."

     "Look, Gabriel... it's not easy being the new foreign kid but you know I got your back. What's going on? Is someone doing something to you?" He wondered.

     "I mean, coach what it look like..." Gabriel scoffed, "We all know ain't no stairs gone give me two black eyes and a busted lip." He leaned back to look at his coach, "I'm not saying no names but I ain't cool with this, so I just wanna go for real."

     "Gabe, talk to me... is it Bryshere?" He questioned which caught Gabriel off guard.

Gabriel laughed out almost nervously, "What? Why would you think it's him.

The coach's facial expression didn't change once, "Gabriel."

Gabe sucked his teeth, "Nah. It's not him it's not nobody anybody knows. I don't wanna talk bout it. I just wanna go."

     "Well I don't believe you and I ain't moving past this until you let me know what's really going?!" The coach wasn't letting up.

This clearly frustrated Gabriel. He didn't want to snitch on Bryshere and get him into any trouble, he just wanted to escape this situation as peaceful as possible.

He honestly wished he'd never mentioned it.

     "Coach, I'm not getting nobody in trouble. So never mind this whole conversation." Gabriel got up and headed to the door, "I'll be at practice tomorrrow before break." He scoffed before leaving out.