02

"𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙢 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙖 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝. 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙩𝙝, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙚."

•

𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔰 would now be third class she shares with Gabriel that he hasn't been in. Alani started to become extremely worried at this point. When she woke up, he had already left, she just went on to assume she'd see him at the morning practices but he didn't show there. Now he's missed majority of his needed classes. This wasn't like him, something must be wrong.

     "Can I be excused?" Lani interrupted her professor. Her thoughts about her bestfriend wouldn't let her focus on anything he was saying.

     "Yes, Ms. August. Next time, excuse yourself. You are an adult." The professor reminded her. Small laughter sounded through the room.

Honestly, Alani was still used to having to raise her hand in highschool or be written up for excusing herself.

     "Right, my apologies." She was a bit embarrassed, but she proceeded to grab her items and leave the lesson. She rushed through the semi-empty halls not sure where to even check for the boy. She thought maybe he's back in his dorm room now.

She hit the corner and bumped right into Gabriel. You could tell he didn't mean for them to bump into eachother, he was avoiding her at all cost for now.

     "What. the. FUCK happened to your damn face and why are you limping?" Alani immediately went into defense mode for her bestfriend.

     "Lani—" Gabriel sighed.

     "No, Gabe." She wasn't brushing anything off this time, "Did you get into a fight? Was it that Quarterback?!" Her questions came back to back.

Gabriel sighed deeply, "No, Lani. This is why I didn't want you to see me like this, you jump to the worse conclusions."

Lani folded her arms and just looked the male up and down, she didn't believe him no way but she wanted to give him a chance to explain, "Okay, so what happened then?"

     "When I was running through the stairwell, I tripped and fell down a couple flights, it's embarrassing. That's why I didn't want to talk about it." Gabriel explained to her.

Again, Alani really didn't believe him, but if he says that's what happened, then that's what happened.

     "Oh... alright. You okay, then?" She checked with him with a deep sigh.