26 | Kiara's Interlude

𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖚𝖘 made his way down the steps to his son, "Can we talk?"

     "... Where's Bryshere?" Gabriel asked instantly.

     "Resting. Don't worry about him." His father said, "Do you want to talk... about everything? Him and you mainly."

Gabriel quickly shook his head no, "I know how you feel, I'd rather not hear you tell me, but thanks." He quickly declined.

    "I was wrong for my thoughts and feelings, I understand that, now." He huffed and sat down next to him, "I had to go talk to an old friend to get them to help me understand, had to take me back to my young days before I was a saved man... I see things a bit differently now." He explained to Gabriel.

     "It took you talking to an old friend to realize saying that I have a demon in me and need to get an exorcism was wrong?" Gabriel's face scrunched up, "About your own son?"

     "It's not about you being gay... or whatever you are, Gabriel. It's about who you chose to give yourself up to. That boy HURT you. Not just bullied you, he forced you to do things to him and beat you up in the process. That's where I couldn't understand you or your choices. It doesn't make what I said right, but mi hijo... I'm trying to get myself to like him but even if I do, I still don't know how to like him for you. He's the demon that's in you— literally." He joked a bit.

Gabriel couldn't help but laugh and shake his head, "Ew papa— don't do that, please."

     "Point is... I misspoke, son. I love you and nothing about you liking little boys is going to make me lose my cool like that. It's just that little boy. Gianna and I were suspicious about you for a few anyway." He admitted.

     "I guess everybody knew I was into dudes except me, okay." He shook his head, "But look dad, I like em... I love em... I don't know why but I do. Because of our past, I wish I didn't honestly but I can't change the past and I can't fight these feelings. I was doing aight assuming I was coming home and getting away from him, then bam... he's next door. If that ain't a sign then shoot, I don't know what is."

     "Strange sign..." Jesus scoffed, "I care about all kids and you know that, he may be an adult now but he's still you all's age— so that's why I still allow him to come here and help him and his family out. But, it's going to take a long while for me to trust that he's a decent person. You went two months on that campus with him— apparently going through hell, while it's only been just a few weeks home. He ain't been this mean ass person for two months and then switch up randomly and suddenly is sunshine and rainbows. Have to remember when people show you who they are the first time."

     "Well the first time is the Bryshere I know now. That weird stuff he was on was confusing to me— till I found out bout his family." I sighed. "Dad, what you do to his papa?" I was genuinely curious.