Chapter 30

Damn it...
How are they already here?

The lost boys were closing in on us, we are completely surrounded. We had only been walking in. The forest for about a hour or so, when I started to hear twigs snapping in the far off distance. When I concentrated on that particular sound I realized that it was footsteps coming from all directions and about 3 miles out. "We need to pick up our speed"I said. "Why? What's wrong?"Regina asked quickly. "Lost boys, we're surrounded on all sides. They're about three miles out"I explained quickly. "I don't know if you noticed, but we're having to cut our way through"David stated holding up his sword to make a point. "We're sitting ducks here, there might be a clearing up ahead. We have a better chance their"I said pointing towards the right. "Can't you just make us invisible again?"Snow asked. "That was a barrier and no I can't. They know we're in this area and if they ran into a barrier, we would still be screwed"I stated. "How many are we looking at?"Emma asked. "About twenty in groups of two"Enzo stated. We quickly started to move faster through the forest, with Killian and David both chopping down anything in our way.

When we were finally in the clearing I decided to set up a barrier anyway just to buy us time. "Do you think there's a way to hide from them?"Snow asked and I shook my head. The lost boys have always been rather sneaky, showing up when you least expect them. If you're lucky you might hear some twigs snap. "These boys have lived in this forest for years, decades, some even centuries. They know these woods better than we ever could. The moment we stepped foot in this forest we were exposed, it was only a matter of time before they found us"I explained. "How can they know where we are?"David asked. "Magic, the island is made of it and it's connected to Pan. It lets him know where people are"I explained. "Watch out for their weapons, they cover all of them in dreamshade"Killian warned. "We're not getting out without a fight, are we?"Emma asked and I shook my head. "What do we need to do?"Enzo asked. "Don't hold back, but don't aim to kill"I stated firmly. "How long?"Regina asked. "Minutes"I said. As if on que there was an attack on the barrier causing most of the group to jump. It sounded like metal was just slammed against metal. "What was that?"Snow asked surprised. Her eyes wide and bow drawn. "The barrier...they're here"I told them. Then there was a suddenly a barrage of hits coming from all directions, with each hit to the barrier there was a spark of golden light. "The barrier won't hold much longer, but it should drain their energy a bit"I explained.

"Get ready!"

As if the floodgates had just opened, the barrier fell and the lost boys charged in. We were surrounded. Arrows were fired and I quickly stopped them in the air then returned fire. Next came those with swords and clubs, each of them going for one of us. I quickly dodged and with a quick motus to send my attacker flying into a tree, knocking him unconscious. Now I was surrounded by the attackers one of which I recognized, Pam's second in command Felix. "Well well well what do we have here? I thought Pan told you never to come back here"Felix taunted. "Pan doesn't control me, unlike you. You're his little bitch"I taunted back. That seemed to really piss him off and I soon found myself dodging the three boys. One of them had a sword, while the other two had clubs. "Incedia"I said causing each of the weapons to take flame. They quickly dropped their weapons. When those flames finally die out all that will be left is ash and a pile of metal. Then by magic each them had yet another weapon. I forgot that they can do that. "They're just kids!"Emma exclaimed. "This is wrong"Snow said. "Wrong?! They're trying to kill us!"Regina shouted. "I did say don't hold back"I chimed in as I dodged the three attacks coming my way. "She also said not to kill them"Killian joined in. "It's still wrong"Snow argued. So would you rather die than. Noted. "Why don't you take a nap"Enzo compelled one. The boy quickly fell to the ground snoring. I felt a wack to the back of my head and turned to face the responsible party. I changed my face and gave a big toothy grin to boy allowing him to see my fangs in all their glory. "Boo!"I said lunging a bit towards. He fell flat on his before scrambling back to his feet and bolting from the clearing. I could feel the wind shift behind me and reached up to catch the incoming sword. I turned to face the stunned lost boy and sent him flying backwards. I looked towards Felix. "Pan's not going to be happy about this"Felix warned. "I imagine he won't, considering his so called army was just decimated in the span of what two...three minutes"I remarked a wide grin on my face. I looked around, 19 of the boys were now knocked out cold and only one remained. He looked around seeing his fallen 'friends' then back to me. He raised his new club getting ready to swing on me. "I wouldn't do that"Killian said from behind him. Killian was only a few feet away, sword pointed towards Felix. I snapped my fingers and Felix dropped to the ground now unconscious.