Chapter Four

~unknown~

The spell was as I had suspected...a portal. I was falling and falling fast. To make matters worse I was falling towards the bloody ocean! I quickly put a protection spell on myself, not wanting to break any bones or drown. I held on to my locket, then adjusting myself so I would go feet first into the water. I hit the water full force, thank god I cast that spell or I probably would've been knocked unconscious. I swam up to the surface and start looking around, hoping to see land. Absolutely nothing. Nada. There was zero sign of life or land, but it was daytime now. So I started to swim.

Due to already being exhausted I couldn't swim for long, so I decided to float on my back. I only intended to rest for a few minutes, but it was so relaxing just wading in the water that I ended up falling asleep. I didn't care that I was in the middle of the ocean, my daughter was now safe from Dahlia. Emma's smart and probably went straight to the police. They'll probably contact Damon to take care of her until I get back.

When I was awakened, it was due to shouting. I don't know how long I was asleep, but thankfully I did feel a bit more rested. "Captain there's a woman in the water!"A voice shouted. I decided to move from my resting position to look in the direction of the voice. My eyebrows raised and I tilted my head. It was a bloody pirate ship! "She's alive!"Several voices yelled. I could see some of the people running around on deck and they all looked like pirates. I had no words, it's been centuries since I seen pirates I believe the last time was in the 1800s. "Bring her aboard!"A stern voice shouted, no doubt the Captain. I must be hallucinating, otherwise why would there be pirates. Well, I'd rather be on a pirate ship then having to swim home. I started swimming towards the ship and they tossed out a rope. I grabbed ahold and they pulled me aboard. I quickly stood up, not wanting to be laying down surrounded by a bunch of pirates. "She's wearing strange clothes"one whispered to another. I could hear a few other very similar comments addressed to my appearance, such as the fact that I'm wearing pants. What in the actual hell is going on? First a pirate ship shows up, now said pirates act like they've never seen a woman in pants before. "That's enough dilly dallying, get back to work!"A man yelled. Short dark hair, stubble, piercing blue eyes, probably late 20s early 30s, dressed in leather clothes, and a...hook? Pirate cliché much? "I'm guessing you're the captain"I stated. He nodded and smiled. "Captain Killian Jones,welcome aboard"He said extending his hand. I shook his hand and hesitated saying my name,so instead I smiled and thanked him. My true last name was Mikaelson and comes with a lot of problems and enemies, but Salvatore will lead to Emma. "Rowena Mikaelson"I stated.Thankfully there was no reaction to my last name. "Well Mikaelson, what were you doing in the middle of the ocean?"He asked. "Going for a swim"I joked. He chuckled a bit. "But in all seriousness if I told you how I got to here you wouldn't believe me"I explained. "Try me love"He said with a smirk. "Well, I got into a fight with my aunt, fell through a hole into the ocean"I stated vaguely. He raised an eyebrow, probably due to the vagueness of my statement. "You fell through a hole into the ocean"He repeated. "That's correct"I confirmed. I knew he was suspicious and wanted to know the rest of story. "Come with me"He said and started walking to what I can only assume was the Captain's quarters. I followed, after all what's the worst that can happen.

Once inside he locked the door behind us, that won't be a problem. He made his way to the rum cabinet, took out a bottle and two glasses. He poured about half a glass in each and I walked over to him. "I'd like to know the whole story"He said handing me a glass. "Are you sure about that? It's pretty crazy"I stated accepting the glass. It was definitely rum, I could tell by the scent. "Try me love"He repeated. "Fine I'll tell you, but it's a long story, so we might as well sit down"I said downing the glass. We sat down and I started the story from the beginning, but leaving out the timing of everything.

When I had finished the story, he was on his third glass and looked shocked as hell. "I did try to warn you"I said taking a sip from my second drink. He down the rest of his glass then set it down. "You weren't kidding, that was quite the story"He agreed. I laughed, I couldn't help it, this whole thing has been so ridiculous. I mean I'm on a bloody pirate ship and trying to explain the crazy mess that is my life. "How long until you return to the mainland?"I asked. "We're headed there now, we should reach land within a few days"He said. Just a few days, then I can see Emma again. I just hope the ordeal didn't scare her too much. "Thank you Captain"I said. "Killian"He corrected. "Then call me Rowena"I said. "Have you been on a ship before,Rowena?"He asked. "Many times"I stated. "Come on then, I'll show you around"He said.

As he showed me around the ship, I noticed something. The ship had magic running throughout the wood. "Why does your ship have magic running through it?"I asked. He stopped and turned to me, he looked a bit shocked. "Made from a enchanted tree, how did you know?"He asked. I could see his eyes twinkle a bit as if he was getting a idea. "I could sense it, I'm a witch remember"I said deciding not to tell him that I was actually a siphon. He simply nodded and continued to show me around the ship. "How long have you practiced"He asked. "Since I was a child"I replied. "How long have been Captain"I asked. "I've lost track of the years"He stated. I raised my eyebrow, it couldn't be more then ten years unless he's a vampire, but he's clearly human. I can't sense any magic coming from him or on him, so he's definitely human. "So you've yet to tell me the name of this vessel"I stated. "The Jolly Roger"He replied with a large grin. Like from Peter Pan? I decided not to comment since he does have a hook, and the Jolly Rodger is the name of the pirate flag. "Mr.Smee!"He called out. I almost lost it! I half expected to see a little round old man in a blue and white shirt and red beanie, instead I saw a round man possibly early 30s wearing a red beanie. "Yes Captain"Said the man in the beanie. "Show our guest to where she'll be staying"Killian said. "Aye Captain"Smee agreed. "You can follow me"Smee said leading the way.

Smee lead me to a small little cabin with a small desk and bunk beds. "You'll be in here Mrs.Mikaelson"He said. "Miss not missus, I'm not married"I explained. "Oh I'm sorry I just assumed since..."His voice trailed off, but I knew what he was going to say. "It's fine, my daughter is my daughter in everything,but blood"I explained. He nodded understanding. "And I prefer Rowena"I stated. He nodded again. "If you need anything, just let me know"He said and left shutting the door behind him. I placed a locking spell on the door and sat down. I needed to make sure Emma was ok, so I was going to astral project to her. I crossed my legs, closed my eyes, and started the spell.

~Boston~

The spell brought me to a hectic police department. I moved through the police station searching for Emma, I finally found her sitting in the police captain's office. She was sitting on the couch with her knees pulled to her chest. I could see the tears stains on her cheeks and the fear in her eyes. She was clinging to the locket I bought for her birthday last year. I reached out to her wanting to comfort her, but she couldn't feel it. The spell must be to weak, it was taking a lot to keep up the spell. "Please be okay please..."She whispered. "I'm here, Emma I'm here"I tried. No reaction. I tried again pushing the spell more, but still there was no reaction. Tears brimmed my eyes. I can't reach her. "Emma!"I yelled. Still no reaction. I broke down, dropping to my knees in front of her. "Emma!"I yelled again tears now running down my face.

There was nothing I could do, no mater how much magic I pushed I couldn't reach her at all. I could only sit there as she cried for me,wanting me to walk in the room. She ended up crying herself to sleep. None of the shitty cops even came in to check on her. They just left her in there...crying...alone. I decided to step out the room to find out what was going on and why no one was checking on my daughter. The station was quieter now. "That poor girl"I heard a cop say. "Her uncle is on his way, probably won't be here until tomorrow morning"Said second. "At least she'll have some family to get her through this"replied the first. "I heard it looked like a sinkhole open up inside the house"stated another. "I thought the girl said someone broke in"The second asked. "Someone did break in. There were signs of a struggle, but somehow the floor collapsed. They're still searching for the bodies"The first cop explained. My eyes widen and I quickly ran back to Emma. I had my answer. No one wanted to tell the 13 year old girl that her mom might be dead. At least Damon is coming, he'll tell her that I'm okay and that they'll find me.

Hours passed before Damon finally showed up. He spoke briefly to a cop before he was brought to Emma. Emma woke up the moment the creaky door open. Tears began running down Emma's face again. "Uncle Damon"Emma said and ran to him hugging him. "They can't find mom"She cried. "It's ok, I'm going to find her"He assured. I smiled. She's safe, she's with Damon now. It felt like a weight was lifted off me. As the two left the station I released the spell.

~The Jolly Rodger~

As I stopped the spell I learned very quickly that I had over did it. My nose was bleeding bad. I haven't had a magic induced nosebleed since I was human. I tilted my head back trying to get it stop. If I keep this up I'll rip everyone apart before we get to land. I need to rest conserve my energy before I lose myself. I leaned back on the bed and closed my eyes. Soon I'll see Emma again.

......
...

Only it would be decades before I ever saw my daughter again...