Chapter 21

This can't be happening...

After everything we've been through, everything we did to survive. How could this happen? Why him? It's not fair...it should've been me. This wasn't supposed to happen, we were supposed to be happy. We're supposed to be able to live. Now this...gone in an instant. What did we do wrong? What did we- I miss? I should've known they would try something. That trollop and her friends killed my brother! They thought it would kill all of us...that we were still linked! They killed the one person who could've saved them! My older brother...my protector...the man who saved my life more times than I can count. Gone. He's gone...Finn's gone.

I'm sorry brother...I failed you.

~24 hours earlier~

It was early afternoon when we arrived back the house, finding Damon and a familiar red head waiting outside. Sage, Finn's wife. I never really liked her, I always thought she was using Finn. She acted different as a vampire than how she did as a human. Finn was overjoyed to see her. Rebekah and Elijah were glaring, Kol was waking up, and Nik was grinning like an idiot. "I'm guessing you're responsible for this"I said. "I called her last night, I wanted to make amends"He stated. I smiled, elbowing him softly. "Who is she?"Killian asked. "Finn's wife"I told him and he made 'Ah' sound. "Damon, what are you doing here?"Rebekah asked. "She's an old friend, I ran into at the grill. Never knew she was married to one of you"He stated gesturing to the two. I starred at the two interact, Damon had a sparkle in his eyes and wore a cocky smirk. Meanwhile Rebekah looked like she wanted to run for the hills. Then I remembered, she was dancing with him at the ball. I winked at her and her eyes widened. That confirms it. The guy my sister slept with was none other than Damon Salvatore. Our brothers are not going to be happy about that. "Why don't we go inside? I could use some coffee"I suggested to which mostly everyone agreed. "I don't know how you drink that bloody stuff, it's so bitter"Killian stated as we headed inside. "I add sugar and cream to mine, it makes it sweeter"Rebekah explained. "I'm not a fan either, I prefer tea myself"Finn stated. "Bourbon"Damon chimed. "Rum"Killian stated. "Pirate"Kol joked. Killian rolled his eyes and playfully punched his shoulder.

For the first time in a long time we all sat down for a family breakfast. We seemed normal, well except for the few blood filled wine glasses. Everyone, except for Killian and Damon, was surprised that I could actually cook. "When did you learn to cook?"Rebekah asked. "Ayana taught me, I only picked it up again when I decided to adopt a child"I explained. "Wait, you have a kid?"Sage asked. "And a grandson. Killian here is my fiancée"I told her as smiled at the man beside me. "Wow, good for you I guess"She mumbled bitterly. I stopped eating, now a bit uncomfortable. The room feel silent, it seemed everyone was just as uncomfortable. "That was uncalled for Sage, you don't know the whole story"Finn defended. "I don't need to, they ripped you away from me. I lost the man I love because his siblings were selfish. We could've had own family if it wasn't for them"She snapped. I cringed inwardly, we never did tell Sage why we daggered Finn. We probably should've, but we- I figured she wouldn't believe us. "You're wrong"I said looking directly at her. She glared at me. "I won't apologize for what I did, I was just protecting my brother"I told her. "Lies, you just didn't like me!"She accused. "Enough! Sage, if Rowena had not kept me daggered then I wouldn't be here"Finn explains. "What are talking about? Don't tell me you bought into their lies"Sage asked. "Moth- Esther placed a spell on my mind while I was under the effects of the dagger. The spell made me completely loyal to her and...and it made me want... If they had removed the dagger then..."Finn trailed off, he didn't want to admit it. "They were only trying to save me, Rowena had been looking for a way to break it. Without her I would have went through with mo- Esther's plan to kill us"Finn explained. Sage didn't know what to say, a look of shock on her face. For now it seemed she was backing down. "Soo, did you guys hear about Wickery Bridge? The sheriff and Stefan seems to think it was one of you"Damon asked breaking the silence. I tilted my head confused then realization hit and I looked to Kol. He was wearing a cheeky smile. "What did you do Kol?"Nik asked. "I got an early start on today's plans"Kol stated. "Early start? You burn the bridge without me!"Rebekah exclaimed. I let out a laugh with my brothers and Killian joining in. "What did the bridge ever do to you?"Damon asked confused. "The bridge was made of white oak"I stated. Elijah cleared his throat. "Is it really such a good idea to be telling him that?"Elijah asked. I rolled my eyes. "You already know my answer Elijah"I told him.

Fangs and Fairytales (OUAT/TVD Crossover)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara