Chapter Ten

Sometimes humans surprise me...

To be fair I should've seen this coming. After all I had just got done telling Snow what a lost love can do to someone. Aurora had followed us, waited for the group to separate and attacked Snow. I jumped from the bushes running straight into her, knocking her to the ground and off of Snow. I growled appearing to be an angry wolf. Yes, wolf. Niklaus broke our curse much to my surprise and pissed someone off in the process, which wasn't a surprise. Thankfully I was only around Killian when the pain and transformation, this time he actually listened and returned to camp. Now I've been using running as a way to clear my head. I never told Nik that Katerina had a daughter, I was trying to protect her. I love my brothers, but they can be a bit crazy sometimes. Anyway, I figured since Cora would probably be watching them that the best way to follow them would be as a wolf. Granted I should've told the group, but I didn't think I would have to interfere this soon. I also thought I'd be going after Cora not a heartbroken princess. "Are you crazy, why would do that"?"Snow asked standing up. Because she's heartbroken! I rolled my eyes and sat down. Snow should be able to handle things from here. At least I thought she could...Aurora attacked her again and knocked her down again. This time I didn't have to intervene as Mulan had shown up pulling Aurora off Snow. Then Emma rejoined the group, she saw the situation and took out her gun firing two shots. I flinched as it had been a while since I heard that sound. Well shit, now we're screwed. I looked back at the other three, all shared the same look. "Step away from her"Emma ordered pointing the gun at Mulan and Aurora. "Emma"Snow said clearly distressed. "What's going on here?"She asked. I stood up, I could hear the sound of an ogre approaching and I didn't need enhanced hearing to hear it. I saw the trees begin to sway, here it comes. "RUN!"Snow shouted.

Everyone scattered, same direction only far apart. I stayed right beside Emma, not wanting her out of my sight. Snow ,however, had run far ahead not even noticing when Emma tripped. The ogre now visible, stalked towards Emma. She fired her gun again, emptying the clip and missing each shot. I growled and darted towards the orge, I bit into the arm using my strength to pull it down. The ogre cried out and tried to grab me, I sped out the way. This time I went for the leg and began dragging it across the clearing. "Emma!"I heard Snow yelled. Oh so now you notice! Took you bloody long enough! "Emma! Emma are you alright?"I heard Snow ask. Then I felt my self being picked up and squeezed. I let out a shout, I could feel my ribs cracking and my bones being dislocated. Damn...it seems I got distracted. "Hey!"Snow shouted. The ogre looked towards the two, it threw me to the side now focusing on her. I watched as Snow released an arrow hitting the ogre right in the eye, it dropped dead. Mulan and Aurora showed back up, clearly shocked to find it dead. I slowly began to move, I could feel my bones mending themselves...it wasn't pleasant. "I think it's hurt"Aurora pointed out. I made my way towards the group, reaching Emma I laid down placing my head in her lap. She placed her hand on my head. "Be careful Emma"Snow said. I snorted, if only she knew it was me. Hmm...maybe Emma will recognize my locket. I never take it off and because of the long chain it stays on even as a wolf. "I don't think it's dangerous, it was trying to save me"She stated. I sat up and nodded my head. She starred at me a moment realizing I understood her, then she noticed it. The locket, the locket I've never once taken off, the locket that held photos of my family. She reached out opening it and gasped. I could see the realization hit her. "Mom?"Emma asked quietly. I nodded, my smart girl I knew she would figure it out. "We should get moving, there could be another one"Mulan stated. "Mulan's right, we need to go"Snow stated. I stood up, nodding once more trying to tell her that I'll follow. She nodded back as if understanding. Then the five of us started moving, eventually finding a safe place to set up camp for the night.

This time they didn't set up in a clearing, this time they made use of the trees and bushes as a cover. There was just enough room for a fire and for everyone to lay down semi-comfortably. "Why is the wolf still here? Shouldn't it had gone by now"Aurora asked. "She's protecting us"Emma stated smiling at me. I let out a small yip as a reply. "It's a she?"Aurora asked. "What was that around her neck?"Snow asked. "It's mom's-Rowena's locket"Emma stated. Ouch. Hearing her correct herself physically hurt. I know why she did it, probably not wanting to explain it. An idea seemed to pop into Snow mind as she looked at me. "Thank you"Snow whispered. I tilted my head shocked then nodded. She actually acknowledged that I tried to help, progress. I made a motion towards Aurora. She knew what I wanted her to do. To apologize to Aurora. It might seem like nothing, but it would probably help ease the tension. "We should probably turn in, we have a long walk a head us"Snow stated. "I'll keep watch then"Mulan said. "We can take turns, just wake me in a couple hours"Snow suggested. Mulan simply nodded. She wouldn't wake her, why would she when she doesn't trust her.