Chapter Seven

~13 Years Later~

It's been thirteen years since that day in Neverland. Hook and I have been together ever since, he was surprisingly fine with the whole vampire thing. I eventually told him everything about my family, leaving out the part about the white oak. It wasn't that I didn't trust him, I just don't trust our surroundings. This world has too many ways for people to eavesdrop on conversations, I don't know if the usual privacy spell will work against them. I'll have to test it on something that doesn't threaten my life and the lives of my siblings. There's only 28 years left before I can see Emma again. To say I've been counting down the days is an understatement. I just hope she'll be happy to see me.

For almost a week now the Jolly Rodger has been docked. The last place we were docked I heard rumors that Snow White and Prince Charming were expecting a child. 13 years ago I had learned the two of them were Emma's birth parents, so of course I had to know if it was true. Even if it might not be Emma, I have to know. So far I haven't made it past the edge of the village, I've been to afraid to go any further. I don't want to mess something up and considering...well everything, I might do just that. "Rowena?"Killian's voice called. I looked up and saw him standing in the doorway. I smiled, he's been the only thing that's kept my little bit of hope alive and my humanity intact. Who could've guessed that I would find love here...in a world of fairytales.  "Come to check up on me?"I asked. "Aye, you've seemed lost lately"He stated taking a seat next to me. "Time travel is a fragile thing, change one small event and it could cause a hurricane"I explained leaning against him. He took my hand, lifted it to his lips and kissed the back of it. "If you don't go Ro, you'll regret it. I can go with you if you like"He offered. I smiled and nodded my head. "Thank you, maybe if you're there it'll prevent me from doing something stupid"I said. He laughed, probably thinking I was joking only I wasn't. "I'm serious Killian, if you hadn't shown up that night in the tavern then...well I'd rather not think about what could've happened"I explained smiling at him. I knew what would've happened though, I would've turned off my humanity and found a more violent way to express my grief. Probably resembling some of Kol's greatest hits, the difference being his humanity was on.

~Time skip~

It didn't take long before we arrived at the castle, we had decided to go on horseback so it only took about an hour. "Well here we are love"Killian said. I hopped down from the horse not taking my eyes off the castle.A feeling of dread filled me, what if this is a mistake? "Rowena?"He asked. "I think we're making a mistake...we should return to the ship"I said quickly about to climb back on the horse when he stopped me. "That's just yer nerves talking love"He said. I starred at him a moment then looked back at the castle. "Maybe so, but sometimes nerves are right"I said. "I mean who am I kidding? I can't just waltz in there and say hi Snow White, remember me you met me when you were thirteen! Oh by the way I'm your unborn baby's adoptive mother! I'll sound insane!" I exclaimed. Thankfully no one heard me, but people were starting to take notice of us. I mean we did just show up on horse back and we look like pirates, so not a good combination. He laughed, "If that's what you were planning to say then I suppose it's a good thing I came along." "If leaving is what you really want to do then we'll leave, but I know you love. I know you won't let this go"He stated. He was right, I won't be able to let this go until I know. I haven't been able to sleep since I found out. He held out his hand and I gladly took it. I'm so glad the two of us met, even under the circumstances. We made are way to the castle being stopped by the guards. "State your business"said the guards. "To see Snow White and Prince Charming...we have a gift for the new parents"I stated. "They're not accepting visitors today"The guard said. "I didn't come this far to be turned away"I said stepping towards one of them. "You will let us in and you will take us to Snow White, then you'll forget you ever saw us"I compelled. The other guard was about to say something when I walked in front of him compelling him to forget what he saw and that he ever saw us. The first guard started walking into the castle while the second starred off into space. I looked back at Killian smiling and grabbed his hand again. "Come on, he's going to take us to them"I stated. "Your magic never ceases to amaze me, love"He said as we followed the guard.