Chapter Two

~Boston,1994~

This is it...

Finally time to meet my soon to be daughter,not going to lie it's bloody nerve racking. Thankfully Damon has been keeping those pesky anxieties away with his jokes and carefree attitude. I probably wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for him. We got there early today, Damon decided that he was going in as well since he be driving us home. The receptionist lead us to a waiting area and said that she would tell Mr. Becket we were here. Damon watched her walk away and I saw a mischievous grin appear on his face. "Don't even think about it"I said taking a seat. "Whaat? I wasn't thinking anything"Damon stated and sat down. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

An hour passed by and there was no sign of of Emma yet. "It's ten minutes passed noon where are they"I asked. "Calm down I'm sure they'll be here soon"He said. "I hope so, I'm getting worried"I replied. "I can tell, you're leg is doing that thing again"He stated. I looked down and saw my leg bouncing up and down. I took a deep breath to try to recompose myself. "You're worrying for no reason. Your the best person I know Ro,any kid will be lucky to have you for a mom"He stated supportively. "I hope you're right"I said smiling slightly.

"But what if she doesn't like me?"
"What if she sends me back"

It was a small voice, a little girl's voice. She sounded so scared and worried, the fear of being rejected again and hope being torn away. "Did you here that?"I asked. "Like mother like soon to be daughter"He joked smiling. "Oh shut up Damon"I joked back. He was right though, if that was Emma she was just as nervous and worried as I was. Which I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, hopefully it's a good thing. Mr. Becket walked in. "Ms. Salvatore are you ready to meet her?"He asked. "Yes, is she here?"I asked eagerly while standing up. "She's just outside. She's a bit nervous, this is her third home this year"He explained. I nodded understanding. "She'll be in, in just a moment"He stated and walked back towards them. I looked over at Damon who had the same look on his face, wondering what happened at her previous homes. I had merely glanced at her file, but from what I did read she deserves an actual home. She was found off the side of highway as a baby, bounced around from foster home to foster home, and even lived on the street for a little while. "It'll be alright Emma"The social worker said calmly.

Another ten minutes ticked by before they finally came in, a woman in her early twenties holding the hand of a small blonde girl. "Ms. Salvatore I'd like for you to meet Emma Swan"Becket said. "Hello"She said meekly. I smiled and crouched down to her level. "Hello Emma, my name is Rowena and that..."I paused and pointed at Damon, "Is my brother,Damon"I stated. "It's nice to meet you"She said looking down.

It wasn't long before we finally left and I had Damon stop by a diner to get Emma some food. While we sat waiting for the food Emma remained quiet staring down at her hands. "Emma"I asked. She quickly looked up. "Yes"She said. I might as well cut to the chase. "I know you think I'm going to send you back, but I promise that's not going to happen"I stated. She started to fidget in her seat. Okay, she has probably heard that before. "I'm serious Emma, when I make a promise I keep it"I tried. She simply nodded her head. "Be patient,it's going to take some time, but she'll come around"Damon whispered. I nodded and tried to relax.

~Boston,1995~

A year has passed since I've started fostering Emma. It was around the three month mark when she started to relax. Her birthday is this Friday and I've sent for the adoption papers, so hopefully they'll be here by then. I want to surprise her, hopefully she will be happy about it. She's at school right now, she's even made a few friends too, but she hates math says it's too hard. The social work checked in a few times, it made Emma think I was sending her back, so I compelled the woman to simply mark that things were fine and not to come unless Emma needed her. Damon comes by every once in a while to check in, but he never stays very long. Emma likes him says he's funny, but she did hit him with a lamp once. He had showed up unannounced and it was dark, Emma had woken up to get a glass of milk and heard the door open. She grabbed a lamp and threw it at him, hitting him square in the head. I had woken up to the loud thump and Emma calling for me. Damon seem to think it was funny and I suppose it is now, but at the time I was pissed. He had shown up in the middle of the night and scared my daughter. He's suppose to be coming here tomorrow for her birthday.